Looking to add gluten free, vegetarians

Options
I would like to add gluten free, vegetarians that are working on gaining weight or at least maintaining a high amt of calories. Right now I've been trying to be consistant with hitting 1700 calories, but my protein is averaging 13%. I would like to hit 20% & eventually add more calories.

Replies

• rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that
  • hrissolo
    hrissolo Posts: 2
    Options
    hello i'm a gluten free vegan. i exercise daily and get in about 1500-1700 cal. my protein is usually 10% bc I eat so much fruit, but I still get around 46 g protein which is right for me
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian but not gluten free, well at least on purpose. For my protein I supplement just because it is easy. I currently use whey but only because my supplier was out of soy protein. Once my whey is out I am going to hit the rice protein. I set my protein intake to 25%.. For maintaining and or building muscle one needs at .84 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but not gluten-free. I'm bulking at 2200 cal right now and average 130g of protein daily.
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but noy gluten free!
  • LeelouMultipass
    LeelouMultipass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been overweight and vegetarian my entire life (yes, it is possible). Slowly going vegan.

I don't want to count calories. I'm just going to eat REAL food. Fresh produce, homemade Indian food, homemade chili and soups from scratch. No grains or dairy.

My protein goal is 60g per day, from beans and Vega protein powder. I am trying to build lean muscle (for the first time in my life). Also, been a runner since middle school. But still overweight.......

Don't know anything about gluten. Except that Miley Cyrus is gluten-free. Which I am ashamed to know.
  • SheaMe
    SheaMe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok well tx guys. Hope you don't mind I sent requests to you all so I can learn & get better at this. Looking to gain & get stronger but having diet restrictions makes it more difficult.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am vegetarian and low gluten as it upsets my tummy. I get around 100 grams of protein a day. You should be able to get way more if you are eating 1700 calories