Dry Shampoo for after workout

Options
I workout during my lunch and don't really have time for a shower (ewww, I know!). Anyway, has anyone tried a dry shampoo on sweaty hair? How does it work? Any you would recommend?

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I work with some people who go to the gym at lunch and don't shower. The smell is really bad and it's not fair to everyone else. Some colleagues have gone to HR to complain!
  • missjeannemarie
    Options
    Back in the day - I believe the 70's or 80's there used to be a product called "Pssssst" which was a dry shampoo spray which was basically powder. The good thing is that you have this problem, which means you are working out :) Good luck!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Studio Graphix and Pssssst are both pretty good-the Pssssst does leave a white residue that you have to brush out, whereas teh Studio Graphic doesn't. I've never tested them on post workout hair though!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Rocket Shower - http://10nine8.net/

It's basically a showerless shower in a bottle. I've never tried it (or had a reason to) but I'm curious about it!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I work out on my lunch break and only hop in the shower to rinse my body, not wash my hair. I just use a blow dryer to dry the sweat in my hair!
    (I'm sure you don't smell TOO bad when you get back to work :wink: :happy: )
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't wash my hair after working out. When it dries it's like hair spray with the fragrance. <G>
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about dry shampoo! Haven't tried it yet though! BUT- I recently read that you should defiantly wash you face after working out. Sweat clogs pores. I don't usually shower after working out (kinda gross, I know) unless I'm really nasty. I work out in the late evening. Now I wash my face right after and it has helped my skin!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

It's basically a showerless shower in a bottle. I've never tried it (or had a reason to) but I'm curious about it!

Are you trying to make me your guinea pig?:tongue:
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I don't shower after I workout on my lunch break either and I'm pretty sure I'm not all that stinky. I wipe down w/ wet papertowels - which also helps me to cool down and stop sweating. I bring fresh undies and put on fresh deodorant. And then I drink cold water and sit in front of my fan to also stop sweating...
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I wash my face and relotion, because I have to redo my sunscreen from sweat. I am pale with freckles, so I 100% support the sunscreen movement. :) Ok so looks like I may be on my own with the dry shampoo... I may try the baby powder a couple times to see if that works for me.
  • OceanBlue80
    Options
    Tresemme has a pretty good dry shampoo that is also pretty inexpensive. I've never used it after working out, but on days when I don't wash my hair I use it to absorb some of the oil and it works great! It also smells pretty good.
  • daniraebug
    daniraebug Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have used the Tresamae dry shampoo, and I think it works pretty well. I haven't tried it after working out. But I do have pretty oilly hair and it's really bad after 24 hours. Good luck!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
  • chubbeeLiz
    Options
    Hey! I'm pretty sure you don't smell that bad! Anyway, to answer your question... I love the dry shampoo. I have Alterna's dry shampoo and use it for the same reason. Just make sure your hair is dry (you know not sweaty) when you spinkle it on your roots. I think it works pretty good.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

Are you trying to make me your guinea pig?:tongue:

HA HA HA! No, I keep almost buying it...but I run/workout at home after work so I have no need to spend the money. I almost want to workout during my lunch hour so I can try it! it does get really good reviews though!
  • amberodriguez
    Options
    Alterna is the best brand EVER! For everything!

How long does the Alterna dry shampoo last you? Its kinda small, but like I said... its the best brand.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Tresemme has a pretty good dry shampoo that is also pretty inexpensive. I've never used it after working out, but on days when I don't wash my hair I use it to absorb some of the oil and it works great! It also smells pretty good.

I need to try this one. I have one by Suave Professionals that works ok but I'm not crazy about the smell.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've used the Tresemme brand. It's a mousse that you scrunch through your hair. It's okay but I get more use out of the Tresemme "Refresher." It's a spray that has a pleasant scent. I have curly hair, so the extra moisture works in my favor to revive the curls.