Meal planning on WEEKENDS?!!

What do you yall do for the weekends??? I know it's so much easier to eat out and stuff cause the week is over. Just curious.

Replies

• karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    That's where I always have difficulties. Or when I'm not working, because I don't get home for dinner. I usually am out and about during the weekends/when I'm off work for the day because I get so bored and start nibbling on everything if I just stay home.

My best advice for weekends is to look up the lower calorie options at places you might be going. I have a note in my phone which has the lowest calorie meals that I would enjoy at Panera, Chipotle, Dunkin Donuts, 99 Restaurant... etc. That way, I can know what I can choose from when I go out. Plus, I like to limit myself to going out once a week (mostly because I'm so poor! Haha!)
  • Holly_belle
    Holly_belle Posts: 4,042 Member
    I plan my meals out for 3-4 days in advance, so eating on the weekends isn't an issue for me. But on the same token, if I do eat out, then as long as it fits into my macros, then I don't worry too much.
  • InfamousFox
    InfamousFox Posts: 14 Member
    I meal plan a week in advance and shop on Saturday morning- less likely to go the whole weekend being lazy and letting McD's and Domino's do my cooking! Friday evening is for splurging though. :)
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    I say pre-log even if you aren't sure- it will make it easy to chose things that are similar to what you logged, macro-wise.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Days off from work are when I have the most fun cooking, grilling, trying new healthy recipes, shopping for more exotic foods...weekends, if anything, are easier than days when I'm too busy and might have to grab something quick.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    I have one cheat meal each week which usually results in me eating around maintenance for that day. Keeps me sane and on track. If I know I'm going out or something I'll usually save it for then. Other than that I make myself hit my numbers every day. Weekend, weekday, holiday doesn't matter. You can't really think of weekends differently than any other day, just builds in an excuse for yourself to slack off.