Alright, well here it goes.

Options
Hey everyone.
My name is Allison, I'm 5'3", I weigh 180 pounds, and I'm super nervous about this! I'm a graduate student, and I plan to get married next year.
In the last six months, I gained about 40 pounds, and its been pretty bothersome, mostly because my clothes don't fit anymore. I recently experienced some health issues with my reproductive system, and they told me after cat scans that I have a lot of fat in my liver.
I'm nervous about doing this weight loss thing, because I REALLY like food, especially sweets! But I apparently don't have a choice anymore.
So, current/start weight 180, goal weight 130.
Ideally I want something that I can maintain. I currently wear about a dress size 18/16. I think I would like to get down to maybe an 8.
I'd welcome any recommendations, but if someone is going to tell me that I cannot have my bagel and lox once every two weeks, I will be sad.

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Recommendation #1: don't let anyone (besides your doctor) tell you to cut out those sweets you love. If you're able to exert enough willpower to have them in moderation, then keep right on eating them. Just log them along with all your other food and make sure you're not going over your goal, and you can enjoy sweets every day!
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I recommend you eat a bagel and lox every week instead of every two weeks because "that snizz is straight up deloicious."

4606149238_fc3e40de1b_o.gif

(Apologies if the reference is missed, but seriously, what greater food is there on earth besides salmon, especially smoked salmon?)