New

Options
Hi, I am 27, just got engaged, and I am currently at my record for highest weight. My fiance is a late night snacker with an amazing metabolism. I am hoping to get serious and lose 30-35 pounds. I was in a near fatal accident two years ago and this is the first time back in a gym. I get frustrated with how slow things are coming while I try to get back into it. It's amazing how simple things you take for granted can be so difficult after you haven't used the muscles for awhile. I know there are other people out there overcoming their own obstacles so I am just hoping that some communication with other people with similar goals will help me get motivated.

Replies

• chatavia
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! All I can say to you is to take baby steps if you have to. The first step is to just get started and do your best to stick with it. Even if you dont measure up to your goals everyday, start over the next day. Persistence is key!! Good luck with your weight loss efforts!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the engagement! You can do this. I've been told and I agree with a couple of people who once told me that diet is 80% weight loss. For me I find that it is true. If I eat better and count everything I loose way more. Drink plenty of water and count your calories. If your slow with moving because of your accident try walking very low impact but still awesome cardio. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Britters1283
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I actually spent an hour at the gym and it felt great!!! Tomorrow I might be hurting but in a good way.
  • moneypenny00704
    Options
    Welcome to the community. Just take it easy, try not to get frustrated. Remember the turtle won the race. Good Luck, keep us posted. :smile:
  • moneypenny00704
    Options
    Just to let you know, I am hoping you are having a good day. :smile: