ABS!

Options
I am trying to figure out how to work my abs at my desk at work. I WANT STRONG ABS....

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You can start by sitting on a exercise ball in place of your chair for a few hours during the day.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Chair Knee Raises

One of the best office ab exercises are chair knee raises, since they allow you to work your abs without getting out of your seat. Begin the exercise by scooting forward on your chair so that your butt is on the front edge of the seat. Lean your torso back into the chair, and for support, place your arms on the base of the chair or your armrests. Now raise your knees off the floor bringing them in toward your belly. Once you bring your knees up as far as they will go, hold for few seconds and lower them back down to the floor. Repeat the exercise until your abs are too fatigued to continue.

Found this online not to long back, i'm trying for the same. A way to work out abs while sitting at a desk job:smile:
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do sit ups standing up. If you don't want to look silly doing them at your desk maybe make a habit of doing X amount everytime you go to the bathroom. =)

There are tons of links if you google it on how to do them correctly. :happy:
  • Szycuez
    Szycuez Posts: 28
    Options
    I do "the bicycle" wtih my legs under my desk. I can feel the difference it is making.
  • pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good One!!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You can actually tighten your ab muscles by sitting up straight, tucking your pelvis under a little bit, and then slightly crunch down. The thing about crunches is that to work the abs, it is a small movement...the majority of the movement done on the floor makes the hip flexors work instead of the abs. So a slight crunching movement while sitting can get your abs working.