Craving Bread

Options
jasperann
jasperann Posts: 136 Member
I am really craving bread this morning... The problem is that I also now know the head ache I will receive if I give in. I cut it out of my diet because I was utterly obsessed with the stuff. And I've been doing great with not having cravings, except for the one I had last Sunday that I gave into and had a little bit of 'bread' and got the type of head ache you get from not having caffeine. Which I also had for three days after cutting out bread. (Yes I do know that the head ache is your bodies way of telling you that you shouldn't be doing something, but it was the only way I could realistically cut out bread, cutting down on it slowly was not an option.)

Does anyone know of any type of food that would give me what my body obviously thinks it is missing by not eating bread? I know that the reason I'm craving it is because I'm not eating enough of something. Any tips?

Replies

• prestonray2004
    Options
    Good Morning, Jasperann!

I'm not too sure if you have a Whole Foods Market or a Vitamin Cottage in your area. However; places like Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc carry a bread that is actually really good for you. You find it in the frozen section in the store. Its called: Sprouted Bread. I hope this helps :)
  • ronin63
    ronin63 Posts: 1
    Options
    My partner can't eat bread but I absolutely love it. With that in mind I have experimented with making my own and buying "good" bread. I have come to the conclusion that a little bit of what you like is easier to manage than cutting it out all together. So I opt for Spelt bread which doesn't effect my partner as much as other kinds. Can't make it though it turned out like brick, but the supermarkets all have their own versions.
    This morning I gave into my craving after three days of trying to be good. Two slices of spelt seeded bread toasted with extra light spread was heaven and didn't make that much difference to the calorie count. I had a banana to balance it out and a 0% fat yoghurt.
    Remember losing weight isn't about denying yourself the things you like its about learning to control the cravings and eating a good balanced diet. Yep! I'm preaching, I know how to do it, just got to remember my own advise.
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.