Stopping by to introduce myself!

Options
I joined MFP a couple months ago, but have never posted anything on the message boards. So here I am, with a question for all the long time members.

MFP has me at 1200 calories a day to lose. Some days, I eat all my workout calories and some days, I eat half. However, I'm stuck! I still have 7-8 pounds and the scale won't move. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• bmq98
    bmq98 Posts: 78
    Options
    hi there - there are a couple of ways to get moving forward again. 1- Cycle your calories -- if you have been at 1200 for a while, your body may have adjusted -- cycle up to 1400 for a day or two -- and then cycle back down. ---or--- 2. If you have been doing the same type of workout -- switch to something else for a little while, or maybe increase your workout times. I hope this helps :-)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? These things do happen sometimes and you just have to wait it out. There are a few things that I've done to get the scale moving again.
    #1 - up my water intake to 10 glasses per day
    #2 - increase the intensity of my cardio (not the session length, but the intensity)
    #3 - really eat "clean" and don't eat any beef or pork for a week, only have lean chicken and fish

I did this for the last few weeks as I wanted to get past a plateau, and I wanted to hit a certain milestone. I lost 3.2 pounds last week just by following the above 3 things.

Best of luck to you, keep your dedication and you will see results, sometimes our bodies just like to hold onto it for a few weeks to "test" us.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! You've given me so great ideas. I've been "stuck" for about a month. I lose a pound, only to gain it back again.
    I will trying going up to 1400 calories for a couple days and see if that helps. I hadn't thought about eliminating beef or pork. I'll try it and see if it helps. I have eaten fish four times this week, so maybe I will see the scale move soon.
    Normally, I do spin class 3 times a week and some other cardio or weights 2-3 times a week on the other days. This week, I've done spin 3 times, weights 2, another cardio dvd, and a core class. Hoping to go to spin tomorrow morning too.

The scale has to move soon. . . . right? :wink: