Hi All!!!

Options
Hi Everyone,
My name is Missy and I am a 38 year old single mom (divorced 11 yrs now)(in relationship for little over a year now) of two teen-age daughters 18 and 13. I started to get serious about my weight loss back in January 2009. My Doctor told me I was to young to be looking at the problems I was going to have if I didn't lose the weight...this was back in 2007 I was 35 yrs old. I am 5'9" and I weighed 250 lbs, I knew something had to change when i could no longer bend over comfortably to tie my shoes and I was no longer buying jeans to wear but workout slicks...in the Men's department at that. As of the first of September I had lost 95 lbs...YEP I was at 155 lbs down from 250lbs...I was very proud of my work...I had watched what I was eating, I took smaller portions, waited 20 minutes after the first helping before going back for more; because I was usually full after 20 minutes I never got that second helping. I became an avid walker, when I started walking I could not go around the block without becoming VERY winded, by December of 2009 I was walking 4 miles one way...;-) I made a move that looking back now was a bad choice but when I made the move I was at 205 lbs...once the move was made I dropped 60 lbs in 8 months...and I wasn't even trying..it was called stress. I had so much chaos and turmoil going on that I lost the weight unhealthily. I have back to my house and away from that chaos and turmoil now since the 5th of September and I have put back on 15 lbs. I was mortified to step on the scale and see that...I look back at Pictures of myself before losing the weight and I KNOW I do not want to get that way again...a friend of mine had been posting things on FaceBook that had to deal with this site so I checked it out and it has given me a way to keep up on and stay true to my goal of losing that 15 lbs I have put on.
I just started this program On the 21st of October....Wish Me Luck and Good Luck To All of You!!!

Replies

• mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • bmq98
    bmq98 Posts: 78
    Options
    hi there -- you have come to the right place :-) there are great tools here such as the food and exercise diaries that can give you a great sense of how you're doing and stay on track! Welcome and the very best of wishes to you. You are doing great! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.