Most weight loss in one month...

Options
2»

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lol... No clue. It is not important to me.
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I was maybe 2-3 months in my weight lost and I lost 15lbs in a month with Insanity. I was 271 at the time!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    22lb but i was 387lb and exercising 5 days a week while cutting my regular amount of calories
  • euthena
    euthena Posts: 31
    Options
    ive lost 10lbs in 2 weeks but i expect it to slow down :) im just eating healthier but havent been to the gym just walking for exercising. im not going hungray but i am under my kcals every day i suppose im filling up on healthy food instead of junk food xxxx
  • MattLewis521
    Options
    [/quote]
    strength will increase for anyone just starting out regardless of diet (i increased lifts as well while losing weight), and BMI isnt very accurate. if you burn 3900-4700 (which is pretty damn high, at 275 and working out 5 days a week i was still only just over 3000) and eat 2200-2600 then you at anywhere from a 1200-2500 calorie deficit, where it would be impossible to gain muscle.

not trying to demean your progress, obviously you've done very well, but a muscle gain with those numbers just isnt feasible
    [/quote]

I wasn't necessarily starting out, I was already benching 300+ squatting 400+ prior to starting this. What I mean when I say starting out was starting a hardcore cutting / superset / dropset based workout like this. I was strictly a power lifter prior to the high rep high intensity training, but with a high BMI 37%+. I did a 1000 calorie cardio burn a day included with my 3-4 miles of walking from being a server, so I would average the 3900 - 4700 cals. Taking the Yohimbe / L-Carnitine and Glutamine was key to making sure that weight I lost was keeping my body from mainly losing fat. The first minute of this video puts it nicely - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-9-day-58.html

And thank you for the kudos :)
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    12 pounds.

My first month into my new eating habits I dropped the initial water weight and was eating about 1,100-1,200 calories a day. No working out at all, jsut deficit
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just started actually using MFP(counting ect) April 7th. Between April 7 & May 7 I lost 11.8lbs. I just watch my calories and run or do turbo fire a couple times a week.
  • virgojay875
    virgojay875 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This month has been my biggest loss so far with 23 lbs. Lots of water and working out twice a day 6 days a week for about 1.5-2 hrs total each day. Making sure I switch up exercises every week a bit to keep my body guessing.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Seven pounds my first month on MFP. I didn't quite understand the "MFP method" of eating back exercise calories, hence the rapid loss that month. Since I've gained faith in the "math", I've adjusted accordingly. Now I'm losing a solid 0.5-1lb every week, just as I like (and how MFP "says" I will lose).
  • janelavalley
    janelavalley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds the first month too. no exercise either because of bad legs. I've done 75 days so far and lost 17. There's weeks I don't lose nothing. Your doing very well and just wante you to know that.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Looks like I am at 12 for my highest recorded loss month. Strange... I felt like my weight had leveled off recently, but my largest loss month so far is July 2014.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    What is the most amount of weight you have lost in a month and how did you do it...

Lost ~10 pounds on a 14 day backpacking trip where I was going 16 mile days over rough terrain with a 35 pound pack.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    9 lbs during my 3rd month on MFP. I added in a 1hr daily walk mid-way through the month, so it was up from the previous 2 months. I measure TOM-to-TOM so not strictly a complete month, but it's how I calculate my weight loss rates. It's slowed down a bit since then, and will slow down even more until I reach my weight loss milestone.