I can't track what I've eaten for the past 2 days

Options
Last night I had a dinner, and dessert that I cannot possibly track, as well as a bunch of pancakes, and some slices of ham for breakfast this morning. I'm ready to get back on track now, should I just move on, and start a new week of tracking??

Replies

• jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When I eat out and it's something hard to track - I just guess so that I track something - and have a rough idea of what I ate - then move on to the next day. I ALWAYS log something - because otherwise I get out of the habit.

It may be a little work to search the database to find something close - but I'd log something and move on.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible to track. Don't start a new week just a new day.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Move on, start tracking everything from this moment forward. Today is a new day! Don't drive yourself crazy with going back and logging things, as they are bound to be pretty inaccurate anyway - unless you weighed and measured out your portions and wrote them down on paper.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its up to you. I just know that for me, if I plan to start tomorrow/next week/on the 1st or some such arbitrary date: I tend to put if off. So start now. Make an effort to log for this morning onward. Even if its not typical of how you eat on a regular basis. So what? No need for regrets - just move forward.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I track everything. That way I hold myself accountable. In the long run even if I splurge it tends to even itself out over the week and I don't feel guilty.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Track as best you can and move on. Today is a new day.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to even try to track it. It would be very difficult to!!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would just move on. Going forward... there's nothing that's "impossible to track". Find something similar, ask about the ingredients and try to build the recipe from scratch in MFP, ask for nutritional facts at the restaurant or check online, or worst comes to worst, enter a "quick calories" entry that you think is close to the calorie value (that's the very last resort for me).