success other than the scale!!

Options
kaymd
kaymd Posts: 470 Member
I have a lot of weight to lose but even 17 pounds have made a big difference for me. It's not even a dent in what I have to lose but I sat back and thought about all the other successes I have seen. My skin seems clearer, I'm actually starting to be able to feel the muscles in my legs, my clothes fit a lot better and I can walk longer on my treadmill, and sitting here typing this I just realized I am more comfortable in my computer chair even...lol. I was starting to feel a little down about not losing more this month (my first month) and now that I have shared the few small things that I'm starting to notice I am feeling a little better about my small successes.

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes! Great outlook! I get down about the slow moving scale sometimes.. then I remember how much I've changed my body already and where I came from.. then I feel better! :happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Great job focusing on successes OTHER than the scale! There are sooooooo many ways to measure our success other than that number on the scale. I applaud you for realizing that too!
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Remember: If you lose to fast... you will have a harder time keeping it off... That is one major reason fad diets fail. Go slow... and set realistic goals. You didn't gain your weight all in one month...You can't lose it all in one month. Great job so far... 17 lbs in one month is GREAT!!!
  • logansmom6106
    logansmom6106 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    when I started I could only do about 5 mins on the elliptical now Im up to 20 with an incline of 2. Lost 2 pant sizes, my work pants are falling off my *kitten*. I am only down 9 lbs so for me this is huge.:bigsmile:
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 17 lbs!!! And yes there are little successes that we forget. I do the same montra as the other poster. It took me a while to put on, it will take me a while to take off. LOL.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    :noway: :huh: I just re-read that---you're UPSET you ONLY lost 17!!!! pounds this month? :noway: :huh:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    the other changes are the most important things Kay! and plus 17lbs in one month is nothing to laugh at!! you are doing awesome and will continue to do awesome....so keep up the good work and I'm here for you sista!! :)
  • kaymd
    Options
    :noway: :huh: I just re-read that---you're UPSET you ONLY lost 17!!!! pounds this month? :noway: :huh:

I posted this after I realized there were the other successes to look at. When I look at it I'm not upset anymore. I guess I was upset because this week I hardly lost anything. But it's all good now :smile:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    You're doing FANTASTIC, don't sell yourself short my dear. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • kaymd
    Options
    when I started I could only do about 5 mins on the elliptical now Im up to 20 with an incline of 2. Lost 2 pant sizes, my work pants are falling off my *kitten*. I am only down 9 lbs so for me this is huge.:bigsmile:
    Congrats on your success too! I can feel myself getting stronger everyday too and I am down 3 sizes in jeans :happy: :bigsmile:
  • kaymd
    Options
    the other changes are the most important things Kay! and plus 17lbs in one month is nothing to laugh at!! you are doing awesome and will continue to do awesome....so keep up the good work and I'm here for you sista!! :)
    Thanks! I think it's the support from people like you that are keeping me on track and actually sticking with it this time!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!