Starting birth control soon and worried

Options
2»

Replies

• skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It might make you more hungry. But the pill itself has to be less than 1 cal, so calories in, calories out... According to my experience, some pills made me very *****y, but never heavier.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been on bc for about a month now, and I gained 2 pounds, which is common. Just water. It just makes my cravings awful. Trying to keep them under control. xD
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm on a progestin-only pill, too, and have only ever lost weight on it (started after I had my son.)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have been on the pill when you couldn't get low dose pills, I have used depo and mirena and none of them have caused me to gain weight.

Weight gain happens due to excess calories...birth control increases appetite..not hunger...so you just have to be aware that sometimes when you think you are hungry...it's appetite...and make sure you log everything.

I know that low dose pills have less of a chance of causing issues...but just be aware and log everything accurately and correctly.

As I mentioned I have been on the two most commonly blamed BC methods out there for weight gain...in the last year and half (mirena last year, depo since sept) and that's when I have lost 50lbs...