Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Record it all....The Good The Bad The Ugly

newcreature
newcreature Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
So, for the millionth time in my life I am trying to put to death my addiction to food. I am almost 48 years old and have struggled with weight issues for almost that long. I am 217 lbs and 5'6", but I have been all over the board, higher and lower many, many times throughout my life. I don't know the answer to winning the battle, but I know that getting honest is the first step. So, I have decided that no matter what I eat on any given day...I will record it all! I have pretty good eating habits, when I'm not binging. and have a lot of knowledge about nutrition. Ignorance is not my issue...addiction is the issue. So...today was a bust... about 3 pm I ate 1700 calories in less than 30 minutes.

I am determined to find the answer and I think it is community. So...here I am, letting it all hang out and taking the 1st step. My name is Denise and I am a food aholic. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• So, for the millionth time in my life I am trying to put to death my addiction to food. I am almost 48 years old and have struggled with weight issues for almost that long. I am 217 lbs and 5'6", but I have been all over the board, higher and lower many, many times throughout my life. I don't know the answer to winning the battle, but I know that getting honest is the first step. So, I have decided that no matter what I eat on any given day...I will record it all! I have pretty good eating habits, when I'm not binging. and have a lot of knowledge about nutrition. Ignorance is not my issue...addiction is the issue. So...today was a bust... about 3 pm I ate 1700 calories in less than 30 minutes.

I am determined to find the answer and I think it is community. So...here I am, letting it all hang out and taking the 1st step. My name is Denise and I am a food aholic. Thanks for listening.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Welcome Denise...good luck to you and remember we're here if you should EVER need us. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you. You have come to an amazing place, full of support, information, laughter and sometimes tears. We are all just a click away.
    Here's to your new lifestyle venture:drinker:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Welcome! Sometimes I've found that I have a hard time recording...when I know I've fallen off the wagon or gone over the calories. I hate even entering it and I hate the way it makes my weekly chart go all out of whack.

I *constantly* have to remind myself that I'm the only one walking this path. No-one can do it for me, but then again no-one is looking over my shoulder either. Now I make it a point, on those days when I don't want to enter my overages, of entering how I felt in the "Notes" section so that I can track what led me to overeat.

So here's to "The Good, The Bad & The Hungry...er, Ugly!"
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Welcome! Sometimes I've found that I have a hard time recording...when I know I've fallen off the wagon or gone over the calories. I hate even entering it and I hate the way it makes my weekly chart go all out of whack.

I *constantly* have to remind myself that I'm the only one walking this path. No-one can do it for me, but then again no-one is looking over my shoulder either. Now I make it a point, on those days when I don't want to enter my overages, of entering how I felt in the "Notes" section so that I can track what led me to overeat.

So here's to "The Good, The Bad & The Hungry...er, Ugly!"

That's exactly what I use the "notes" section for. It's very handy when I look at the bar graph reports and see a bad day. I can look back and see "planned calorie overage" or "bleeaaargh. . .hormones" in the notes section.
  • So, today I am realizing that it is about being present. Not giving into that impulse to escape into food. That 30 minutes of numbness can have dire consequences. Just being out there and willing to admit that it happened by recording is huge. Thanks for your words of encouragement and I will see you around. Oh, I took advantage of the ability to change my screen name. I decided I need to be more hopeful. So, Here's to new beginnings.!:flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Hello, welcome- I'm new, too, sending lots of positive energy your way! I too, am a food-aholic... I'm a future culinary student with a serious love for all things edible. Glad to have other people around to help keep me on track :happy:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    Welcome Denise - and Manda!

Baby Steps, One Day at a Time and Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!!

What works best for me is to read these posts continuously!! It keeps me busy when I am bored and reminds me of all the wonderfully healthy things I can do to stay on track!

Stick with it - it works! :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Wow, you look beautiful!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shameem
    shameem Posts: 5
    hello every body.........................better ask my success story of weight loss:blushing:
  • shameem
    shameem Posts: 5
    one can imagine i m the mother of two caesarian babies...........................................just do every work whether ur home maintainance or out door work...tht i m burning my calories....................never dispose ur old clothes whenever get time check them either they r fitted 2 u or r tight now.if they r little tight get alert and start doing effort till they again fitted u.......................and maintain ur self.............if some day u ate heavy...............do more excercise next day.....................:love:
This discussion has been closed.