Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Many congrats! You deserve it.
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    What an awesome culmination to your journey of success. You look amazing! Great job!
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Praise God, you've achieved what many only dream of :)
  • glennoxyoung
    Options
    Wow! Yes, look at you!!! Really well done!!
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you are awesome! Well done.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Congrats :)
  • borninbcn
    borninbcn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amazing!! well done!!
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great work, well done!
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look great!!!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job!!

And now I want a hot dog for some reason!! :happy:

I thought it was hysterical that they chose hotdogs to put on the cover and then feature people that lost 100+ lbs. there are 3 stories. Hot dogs no bueno. Lol
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! Your loss is inspiring, and to be featured in a magazine, how fun. :flowerforyou:
  • sandra80
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Can you offer some advice.?
    Keep logging. Don't give up on it. If you have a day you skip. A week. Come back. There is no shame in starting over. Suck it up. Accept that life happens and there are days we will over eat. Days we will feel like being lazy and not working out. It's ok as long as we don't do it everyday. Don't beat yourself up and let set backs discourage you. We are human and we make mistakes but we can always begin again.
    Keep moving as much as you can. Walk. Run. Go clean. Dance for the hell of it. All activity burns calories. ALL movement burns calories. You're bored? Go move your booty!!
    Find the exercise that you WILL actually do. What you love. I've lost this weight but I don't do the gym or take classes. That's not what works for me, I'm not into it. I log hours on my treadmill binge watching netflix. That's what works for me. You have to find what works for you. That is super important.
    Teach yourself to cook healthy. Research recipes! Read the nutrition facts before you make it. My favorite recipes have come from skinnytaste.com, biggest loser cookbooks and a lot of random ones I found online. You will also need to read the labels on your packaged foods, let's be real, most of us don't have time or skills to make everything we eat. So breads, yogurts, cereals, granola, whatever, read it. For me, I do better with high protein and watching my sodium levels...I retain water like nobody's business. So I've learned certain companies catering to those of us trying to lose weight aren't doing us any favors by filling their low calorie foods with sodium. Do not fall for that trap.
    DRINK WATER!!!! Lots of it. All day. Sip it throughout the day. Yes you will have to pee a lot but, you will feel full and it will clean out excess sodium. Remember your body weight divided by 2 is the number of ounces of water you need as a minimum per day. Exercise? You need more. Ate too much sodium? You need more.
    You can do this. Hell, I did it. I never thought I could do it...but I'm here. I did it. :)
  • pchivvy
    pchivvy Posts: 4
    Options
    Such an inspiration, well done and congratulations.
  • Embracing_My_Life
    Options
    That's very cool! Congrats on your success... you look amazing!! :smile:
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Very inspiring!! :smile:
  • dlbaron288
    dlbaron288 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sandra,

That is awesome. Can you share some tips? Did you eat exercise calories? Did you have to adjust calories as you went? Did you ever eat below 1200?

Thanks!

:smile:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    how cool!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's awesome!
  • sandra80
    Options
    Sandra,

That is awesome. Can you share some tips? Did you eat exercise calories? Did you have to adjust calories as you went? Did you ever eat below 1200?

Thanks!

:smile:
    Tips on page 3. :) I eat a portion of my calories back. Sometimes all. Depends on the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!