Are bananas bad?????

Options

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I died once from eating a banana so I would say yes they are bad.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Yeah they bad they made dis kid cray cray. Look what I can do.............
    IjwBXMI.gif

He's a banana artist though. Artists are allowed to be
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    0eOzsrQ.gif
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I eat them daily! No side effects. They can be used to do bad things,
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you are getting such inane replies to your question (thought this was a sensitive and respectable site).

It's okay cause you're new. You'll get used to us.

^ Welcome to the forums :laugh:
    Ha - we thrive on sarcasm around here. :wink: Mixed with good advice, you'll see. Welcome to MFP! :drinker:
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    Options
    bananas are only bad if you dont swallow properly then you choke and spit it back up
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    A wild banana appears!

8yzt7c.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of response a thread gets if to answer the thread directly would sound patronizing. But if you prefer the direct answer and would not consider it patronizing then here you go.

No, bananas are not bad. Food is not bad. If you go into weight loss with the idea that some foods are "Bad" you are getting off on the wrong foot.

There you go.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you are getting such inane replies to your question (thought this was a sensitive and respectable site). I think I understand why you ask.... we often see ads where they say something like "5 foods you should never eat", and bananas are one of them. Some people think they are a super food and a must in a healthy diet; others feel that it adds belly fat (over a period of time). I personally love bananas, and would never give them up! They are highly nutritious and a good source of energy. So, if they make YOU feel good, then no, bananas are not bad. Hope this helps.

Did you create an account just to chime in on this conversation?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you are getting such inane replies to your question (thought this was a sensitive and respectable site). I think I understand why you ask.... we often see ads where they say something like "5 foods you should never eat", and bananas are one of them. Some people think they are a super food and a must in a healthy diet; others feel that it adds belly fat (over a period of time). I personally love bananas, and would never give them up! They are highly nutritious and a good source of energy. So, if they make YOU feel good, then no, bananas are not bad. Hope this helps.

Hi OP's mom. Sorry that your daughters demand from the community to explain to her why bananas were bad was not met with utter seriousness.
  • shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have a banana every day and I haven't killed my family, yet......!!! :wink:
  • shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, Banana's are actually very good for you.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    th?id=HN.608029234529439582&pid=1.7

damn it! I cant eat my banana the same way again because of this!!!! lol
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes, one time I saw one kick a puppy. They also shoplift lipstick and swear.
  • allybird2
    allybird2 Posts: 45
    Options
    BANANAS ARE NEVER EVER BAD
    EVER
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OMG...*SNORTlaugh*
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bananas are higher on the glycemic index but unless you have a medical condition like diabetes, insulin resistance, hypoglycemia, PCOS, etc., that requires you to monitor your carb intake, bananas are not bad.

Bananas have a number of nutritional benefits:
    -High in potassium
    -Great source of fiber
    -May promote bone health
    -Protects against stomach ulcers
    -May promote kidney health
    -Keeps bowels healthy

Plus they are delicious with peanut butter :love:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Hi Op's mom!!! *waving* Welcome to the internet!!! :flowerforyou: