Baby weight

Options
Hi,

New to this program but not new to dieting. Lost 30 lbs before getting pregnant by counting calories and good exercise. I gained 40 lbs and 3 sizes and now that my son is 4-months old being weened off breast milk, I'm ready to start my journey back into a size 10-12. Keeping track of calories was such a helpful tool last time around that I hope to have the same good experience this time. I'm looking forward to the board as well to see what is happening out there with other recent mothers and folks who are working toward the same goal. Yay to good health and less mass!

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i'm with ya on trying to lose the baby weight!! my son is 2 and a half months old. good luck, you did it once you can do it again!!
  • NuNusMaMa
    Options
    Im trying to lose the weight ive gained AFTER my pregnancy! I only gained 20lbs while preg and lost 17lbs AS soon as she was born!! With in the 1st year i gained 30lbs and it kept on coming...i weigh more now then i did while pregnant it sucks! Anyways, Good luck w.your weight loss...I thought it was easier to lose weight when breast feeding but whoever said that must have had SO much milk produced daily that it just fell off!!! I sure didnt!! haha
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome!!
    I love love love this site. I, too, am trying to lose the baby weight, and then some. This has been an invaluable tool that really makes me accountable for what goes in my mouth. Good luck and welcome!!
    Melanie
  • acapo
    acapo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs when I was pregnant with my son. After I gave birth 30 of it just fell off, and I've been struggling to lose the remaining 20 lbs ever since. My son is now nearing his 3rd birthday and I'm still stuck with the same 20 lb pooch. :sad: