What body type/build am I?

Options
Ectomorph/endomorph/mesomorph?
Perhaps this isn't the right message board but...
I've been interested to know this for a while and haven't really got a conclusive answer on this. Just interested for the sake of it, any help appreciated.
I am 5 foot 9 inches and weigh 62 kg (137 lb) and have been working out for the past month or so.

Replies

• nanosuitninja
    nanosuitninja Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh, and please check my profile for my pics on body type. Ty
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Somotypes are an outdated theory and widely discredited. They were never based on any solid scientific research. So I wouldn't really worry about it.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options

hard to tell, if you gauge yourself, put yourself up in a slight calorie surplus ( 150 - 200 calories ) and watch how your weight fluctuates, if you gain muscle too fast then you are an endomorph, if you find it hard to gain weight then you could be an ectomorph, honestly it doesnt matter, it all depends on how you "strategically" adjust your calorie intake and exercise to reach your goal.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Xenomorph, your stomach looks a bit odd, make sure to get your friends a lot of weapons, some surgeons and an enclosed room before you start to feel sick and have a "bursting" feeling...

Because its friday for fun responses ya know...serious response is similar to 3dogs's one...body "types" are not really based on how you look according to that old classification system.
  • nanosuitninja
    Options
    Didn't I mention I am pregnant?
  • nanosuitninja
    Options

hard to tell, if you gauge yourself, put yourself up in a slight calorie surplus ( 150 - 200 calories ) and watch how your weight fluctuates, if you gain muscle too fast then you are an endomorph, if you find it hard to gain weight then you could be an ectomorph, honestly it doesnt matter, it all depends on how you "strategically" adjust your calorie intake and exercise to reach your goal.

Kk gonna try a slight surplus calories and see where I go from there, thanks
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    AllMyUsernamesRTaken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

I posted this in the weight loss thread. It gives you your body type.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Kk gonna try a slight surplus calories and see where I go from there, thanks

mate you are young, it is crucial to get the right information i recommend you watch this video, its a 6 part series this is part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvW6xBZjSk&list=PLYdkxp9hJ4i58l583rJV7r2LMAiYFJ9gm

watch all if you want a treasure of an information...
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Didn't I mention I am pregnant?

Naw I wasn't saying you are fat, you are actually pretty low bodyfat by appearance. I would work on weightlifting for strength increase, not weight loss in your shoes. You have a bit of an atypical upper abdominal muscular ridge in your picture, looks like maybe you are flexing and distending your abdomen compared to your side picture? That's what I was commenting on. It better not be an Alien, were all in big trouble then ;) :P