Getting really frustrated

Options
I lost a bunch of weight this past winter/spring, then gained a little back, and then started my dieting again in September. Overall I am down about 27 pounds and feeling great. I still have about 20 to go to hit my ultimage goal of 109 pounds. Another goal of mine to wear a size 2. I am currently wearing a size 4, but am getting extremely frustrated.

Before this, I was wearing a 6 obviously. It started getting loose in the legs, but my love handles prevented me from going down a size for a while in fear of the "muffin top" look. Finally it seemed okay, so now I'm wearing my 4's. Well, I'm starting to notice the same problem. Whether I'm sitting or standing, my jeans are getting loose in the legs, and although the jeans fit comfortably around my waist-my love handles are so bad it looks like my pants are way too tight on me. They're really not too tight, it's just my sides are sticking out so bad!

Once I lose the next couple of pounds-I'd like to attempt a size 2...but figure I'll just have the same stupid problem all over again. Idk, I am just extremely frustrated that even with all of my weight loss and my legs slimming down, my love handles won't budge! I am doing tons of cardio trying to help burn the fat but nothing is truely working! =(

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Love handles, unfortunately are one of the last things to go as you lower your body fat %. My upper and middle abs are visible, but I still have love handles. It's quite depressing. You just have get your body fat % lower and they will eventually fade away.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    try a mid-rise jean. Levis make some pretty cute ones. Good luck on the next few pounds!! :)
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ahhh... the elusive size 2. =) The last time I was a size 2, I had no breasts and quit menstrating. Be careful. You haven't mentioned how tall you are. I agree with YealLift, tho, belly fat seems to be the most difficult to lose.
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    I'm short, no worries watkinsc =) It is not dangerously small for someone like me.

And yeah...I figure it's the last to go (unfortunately). I'm just getting so impatient!! Hahaha.
  • onebadrg
    Options
    Raychel_xoxo,

One thing to think of, this shouldn't be a diet, DIET's don't work they only keep the weight off while you are on them.

When you are on a diet you stop eating particular foods, however when you go off the diet you start eating those same foods again, hence why many people gain back the pounds they lost.

If you were eating foods before and gained weight then went on a diet and stopped eating those foods then you need to stop eating those foods and make it a life change.

Think of this as a Life Change, I don't eat those foods I used to and have kept my weight to exactly what I want. I haven't gained one pound back and maintain my weight eating healthy.

There have been many great side effects of eating healthy, looking 10 years younger. No more Migraines, No More Stomach Aches.

My completion has cleared up I could go on and on.

Just my own observations.
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    thanks for your input