I'm a snacker!

Options
Lkkiser3
Lkkiser3 Posts: 52 Member
I'm a snacker, and I love sweets! Does anyone have any suggestions for something that is inexpensive, sweet, and healthy? something to just grab and go? I work 6 days a week and have 2 children , so convenience is always the biggest seller for me. Also is you have any suggestions for lunches that don't need to be refrigerated that would be helpful! THANK YOU!

Replies

• SillyTree
    SillyTree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you like sweet… replace with a healthy sweet.!?
    Fruit
    Dried Fruit
    Kettle Corn!?

Lunch stuff that doesn't need refrigeration ideas;
    A Meal Replacement Supplement
    Turkey Jerky
    Trail Mix
    Dried Fruit
    Salad in Tupperware (stays fresher longer than in a bag). Dressing in separate container, combine and shake when ready. That option should get you at least a few hours until lunch time.!? May depend on environment.
  • joyma321
    joyma321 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker too. I like Lindt 85% chocolate. Fruit also satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • Dozer91
    Dozer91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I snack ALL THE TIME. I love sweets. I normally eat.... Sugar plum tomatoes, Sugar snap peas, grapes, blueberries, raspberries special K Pastry bars (brown sugar and cinnamon) OMG its like a poptart, seriously. Pretzels and light creme cheese, nutrigrain bars, Hersheys dark chocolate kisses (3 a day tops), apples and peanut butter, goldfish crackers, those chocolate teddy grahams OMG YUM! light string cheese and popcorn.

I really just make sure I eat a serving size. You know? I count the goldfish. I count the teddy grahams. I usually snack until dinner. I have a job that isn't structured for lunch so snack away and it totally works for my calorie intake. I stay within 1600-1700 calories/day.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Seconding fruit!

Or maybe some kind of low-cal healthy cereal bar? Something like Jordan's frusili bars or eat natural(although they are quite pricey!) Or if you're a chocolate fan Cadburys 'Freddo' bars (childhood memories!) are only 95 cals. These products are uk based so if you're elsewhere I'm sure there will be something similar in another brand?
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker, too, and I have a wicked sweet tooth. I've found that convenience often outweighs specific cravings for me, though. So I chop up fruits (and veggies) and keep them in a snacking bin in the fridge. Win/win, because my kids can grab a healthy snack bag for themselves during snack time, too. Spending 20 minutes chopping and preparing healthy snacks makes a HUUUUGE difference for me. It makes eating healthy snacks convenient for the rest of the week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I make room in my calories for sweets, to be honest. Skinny Cow is awesome, I love the Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt cups, and Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream isn't bad at all for being no sugar added. I stocked up on the dove chocolate eggs at Easter too for when I want some chocolate.

I also love Graze and Naturebox... they have delicious snacks (although if you have moderation issues, you might want to skip naturebox).
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker too. It's one reason I eat six meals a day instead of three lol.

Lately I've been turning to seeds and nuts for snacks. Especially sunflower seeds, because they take forever for me to eat. I hate snacks that are over in two bites, those NEVER leave me satisfied. Fruit is always a good sweet snack, berries are great if you're watching your carbs and sugar intake. I like buying turkey snack sticks from Aldi, I think Slim Jim makes the regular brand. There's also cheese sticks.

You can pretty much make anything into a snack. You can buy the little snack baggies at the store, they come in packs of 100.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow caramel truffle ice cream bars are fabulous! They make several other kinds as well. Their chocolate peanut butter crisp bars are better than most candy bars yet healthier.

I keep sugar free hard candies on hand when I want a little sweet. Sugar free jello with fruit and a dab of whipping topping is good too.

Because I must watch carbs, I usually go for protein like hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, greek yogurt, cashews, tuna etc.