Help omg will I gain weight from this

Options
So I've been studying all day today cause I have exams next week I had about 780 calories last time I checked. Later in the day I went out to my Best Friends and we had a little too much fun... She had bought to tubs of ice cream. One turkey hill cookies and cream and one peaches and cream. I kinda ate the whole tub of cookies and cream. Here's the question: Will I gain weight? How much? What should I do tomorrow.. eat regularly, exercise more? or what! Please help.. And is this considered a binge? I was just having a little to much fun with them.. But please help I need some motivation and support on this. By the way I am 5'5 and 105lbs.

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    You are 5'5" and 105 lbs., which is underweight. You are also describing behavior that I would describe as disordered eating. I might be more concerned about that than about whether you will actually gain weight after eating a tub of ice cream.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, something's not right here. Sounds like disordered eating.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 105lbs.
    I mean this in the nicest possible way. The last thing you need to do is loose weight.

Agree with above, this doesn't sound healthy.
  • healthy_chick72
    Options
    Well actually my friend and I we got carried away but I get where your coming from.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    One day of pigging out is not going to make you gain weight. Sure, tomorrow the scale may show a gain, but it is mostly water, and if you normally eat at a caloric deficit (which I am sure you do based on your stats), then it will all even out by the end of the week.

Let it go and move on.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have to ask. You're 5'5 and 105, which is underweight.

Why are you trying to lose more?

If you only had 780 calories earlier in the day... how much are you eating per day?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You are 5'5" and 105 lbs., which is underweight. You are also describing behavior that I would describe as disordered eating. I might be more concerned about that than about whether you will actually gain weight after eating a tub of ice cream.

^QFT
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options

This^
    Sounds a lot like you have disordered eating with your fear of gaining weight and your current stats it may be worth talking to your doctor about your emotions and eating habits
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    One day of pigging out is not going to make you gain weight. Sure, tomorrow the scale may show a gain, but it is mostly water, and if you normally eat at a caloric deficit (which I am sure you do based on your stats), then it will all even out by the end of the week.

Let it go and move on.

^This. OP, you don't need to panic over 12 freaking tub of ice cream. Did you have fun with your friends?? Awesome if you did. It was a great time, now it's over. As for the other posts about "disordered" eating - based on 1 post from a 21 year old college student hanging out with her friends? Really?? I wouldn't think there's enough info for a qualified professional to make a diagnosis like that, let alone us mooks on here. Posting that, however, is a GREAT way to get a young lady to panic & actually create problems were none exist. Overreactions for all!!!!!!!!!!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You are underweight right now, you probably know that. Please go get some help, before you do harm to yourself and those that love you :flowerforyou:

This. OP, you don't need to panic over 12 freaking tub of ice cream. Did you have fun with your friends?? Awesome if you did. It was a great time, now it's over. As for the other posts about "disordered" eating - based on 1 post from a 21 year old college student hanging out with her friends? Really?? I wouldn't think there's enough info for a qualified professional to make a diagnosis like that, let alone us mooks on here. Posting that, however, is a GREAT way to get a young lady to panic & actually create problems were none exist. Overreactions for all!!!!!!!!!!

She posted her height and weight, some quick calculations along with her comments draw some common sense responses that are hardly overreactions and do not require a medical degree, alot of us care when we see behaviour like this after seeing people we love do similar things.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, just eat normal and exercize normal.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    The statistically " normal " weight range for a woman 25-70 years of 5'5" height is:

slight frame : 117-130
    medium frame ; 127-141
    heavy frame: 137-155

No matter how you look at it, you are considerably underweight. You need professional help and keep on eating ice cream......seriously.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Let it go and move on.

^This. OP, you don't need to panic over 12 freaking tub of ice cream. Did you have fun with your friends?? Awesome if you did. It was a great time, now it's over. As for the other posts about "disordered" eating - based on 1 post from a 21 year old college student hanging out with her friends? Really?? I wouldn't think there's enough info for a qualified professional to make a diagnosis like that, let alone us mooks on here. Posting that, however, is a GREAT way to get a young lady to panic & actually create problems were none exist. Overreactions for all!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody is here to encourage disordered eating whether you like it or not, people will point out what they see.
    Please tell me in all honesty that you think that the post sounds like the OP has a healthy diet plan? There are reasons for discouraging such diets.
  • Alluminati
    Options

Let it go and move on.

No one is talking about WHAT she ate, genius. They are talking about her reaction as observed from her question.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    It doesn't sound to me like I have any info on her eating plan, other than she had 1 night of eating ice cream with her friends. While her weight falls below the "norm", only her doctor could say if she's actually in an un healthy state. Sometimes people weigh less (or more) than the "norm & they are, indeed, perfectly healthy. Whether the OP falls into this category or not I wouldn't know, nor would I tend to try to wind her up about 1 night of eating ice cream. If she IS healthy, then there's nothing wrong with where she is or what she ate. If she's NOT healthy, what purpose is served by panicking her over ONE incident?
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound to me like I have any info on her eating plan, other than she had 1 night of eating ice cream with her friends. While her weight falls below the "norm", only her doctor could say if she's actually in an un healthy state. Sometimes people weigh less (or more) than the "norm & they are, indeed, perfectly healthy. Whether the OP falls into this category or not I wouldn't know, nor would I tend to try to wind her up about 1 night of eating ice cream. If she IS healthy, then there's nothing wrong with where she is or what she ate. If she's NOT healthy, what purpose is served by panicking her over ONE incident?

It's not just her bmi that is causing concern here it was her reaction of what seems like panic and fear of gaining weight after eating something she may usually not eat that is causing red flags.
  • Macstraw
    Options

Let it go and move on.

No one is talking about WHAT she ate, genius. They are talking about her reaction as observed from her question.

Wow, just the kind of response from someone who doesn't have any FACTS to back up what's been posted. My point is that there AREN'T enough facts to make any kind of diagnosis about her.......
  • Alluminati
    Options

Are you even reading the replies to your posts? Jesus.
  • Alluminati
    Options

Let it go and move on.

Wow, just the kind of response from someone who doesn't have any FACTS to back up what's been posted. My point is that there AREN'T enough facts to make any kind of diagnosis about her.......

K
  • Macstraw
    Options

It's not just her bmi that is causing concern here it was her reaction of what seems like pain and fear of gaining weight after eating something she may usually not eat that is causing red flags.

I understand that, but k it's all an overreaction that will panic her. It looks to me like a college student ate ice cream 1 time with her friends and, as young people can do, panicked over what's not a big deal by itself. What amazes me is how many people are jumping on the panic bandwagon....