Heart Rate Monitors/Calorie Trackers?

wh0a_is_me
wh0a_is_me Posts: 41
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone! Quick question..

Does anyone know a good heart rate monitor AND calorie tracker? I'd like to be able to accurately track my calories when I'm doing workouts.. especially things like kickboxing & P90X. Even when using equipment that "tells" you.. I know it all varies based on your conditioning. Any help would be great, thanks!

Oh! & anything that costs something around $50-70 would be ideal.. I'm a broke college student! lol

Replies

• nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Go to sports authority, I just bought a polar pf4 about $89.00 it is so worth it.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    I got a Sportsline...it doesn't keep a record of the calories burnt (maybe like 1 day) but it tells you your HR, calories burnt, max HR and how long you were above your target HR and all that stuff. I think I spent $60 something on it. I loved my polar HRM but my kids lost the watch. I was mad!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    How about free!!! Take your pulse....count pulse for 30 seconds & record. The higher the count the better. Intensity of workouts the key not time.....remember its free....:wink:
  • Amazon sells a great timex HRM that tracks calories for $79 with free standard shipping. Timex sells the same monitor for 110 on there website. My brother and I both got our monitors from there.
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    I have a GoWear FIT which is made by Body Media (the same company that makes the BodyBugg) and I love it. It is a bit pricey compared to a regular hrm, but it does a lot of stuff. You wear it on your upper arm and it tracks calories burned and steps taken. The display (that you have to buy separately) also has a trip on it which is great. So I just reset the trip when I start working out and then it will count my calories and steps from just my workout in addition to my daily values. It also can tell the difference from when you're laying down to actually sleeping. So if you wear it to bed you'll know how much sleep you're actually getting and how often you wake up in the middle of the night. You can put food in the program too, but I use MFP for that. It has really nice charts and progress graphs too.
  • You guys are awesome! thanks everyone! I'll have to check them out. Maybe it'll be my Christmas present =P lol

@championnfl I'm more interested in the calories burned than anything else. Most of my workouts are without equipment (kickboxing, P90X), so I don't have a way of accurately seeing how many calories I'm burning. I'd hate to be recording burning ___cals when it may possibly be something significantly less!
This discussion has been closed.