Hitting plateaus......

lawrahmck
lawrahmck Posts: 57
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I know this has surely been discussed many times before, but obviously with people signing up all the time it's great to get fresh opinions rather than bump old topics......

I find myself in a bit of a plateau at the moment so this week instead of evening exercise I'm going to force myself to do morning exercise. Last night I had a cheat meal which hopefully gave my system/metabolism a bit of a kick. (I haven't had a cheat meal in 10 weeks).

I'm also brainstorming on some different lunches I can have this week because once again, I've had the same lunch most days for the last 10 weeks.

What do you do to kick your plateau???

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    I would love some advise too. I have been stuck at same weight for 3 weeks now. I walk at least 30 min a day. do the elliptical 20-30 min a day. and I eat 1200 calories.

The only change is, I was riding bike instead of elliptical prior. but its been cold, and gets dark shortly after i get home from work.
    So bike rides have ended. and I just can't get over this hump.
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    to get over mine i had to increase my cals. i went from 1200 to 1320 and that did the trick for me.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    I reduced the rate of my weight loss from 1.5 pounds per week to 1 pound per week. Gave me 250-300 calories a day extra in food, and I started losing again. I had reached 30 pounds lost and hovered there for 5 weeks. 5 weeks later I was at 41 pounds (I haven't weighed in 2 weeks) with no real change in exercise.

I think my body reached a point where it needed more fuel to lose weight, or it just didn't want to lose at the rate I wanted it to. It worked for me. Other than that, change up your exercise routine, activity and duration.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    I was in a plateau for 4 months. I increased my calories to 1500 and kept up my 2400 calories lost in exercise a week and I started loosing again.
This discussion has been closed.