T25 for those who are struggling

Options
ftrobbie
ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
Finished week 1 of Beta and boy what a rollercoaster it was. Some sessions I love, some I detest, weight loss stalled for 10 days. It was getting to a point where I thought I am putting a lot in but not getting much out. It was similar to a lot of stories I had read about plateaus. When I read them I often judge (its wrong I know and I think pull yourself together). I have been there this week and start to understand the issue. I have wondered about whether I am slipping into bad ways, not logging everything, not weighing everything, but I thought I had a good handle on it, even planned beer and pizza last night and still maintained calories for the day. It was unlikely but the voice of self doubt started to creep into my head.

So what has happened, well weight has started to move again in the last 2 days, water retention from different exercises (?). Stats all since start of T25
Weight Down 9.4 kgs (21 lbs)
Waist down 3.5 inches
Chest down 1 inch
Neck down 1.5 inches.
Body fat down 2.6 percentage points

Waist (0.5) and chest (1) this week and this was the important thing the non scale win, my body is shrinking even if the weight is being maintained.

Still think Happy Scale is one of the best apps ever, it moves even if you do not. So keep at it, however dark it gets, it will be worth it.

Added body fat percentage from tape measurements

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great!
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good work!

I will try T25
  • kiely32
    kiely32 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post - just when I needed it!
  • appletart88
    appletart88 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you for posting! You've had an amazing loss so far, when did you start seeing the scale move I'm two weeks in and have only lost a pound so far.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Pretty much from Day 1, however I am a firm believer that diet is responsible for all of the weight loss, and I am anal about measuring everything going into my mouth. It drives my wife wild but I have been weighing things for 6 weeks solid and I think she now lives with it. T25 has helped my fitness, supplemented with walking at lunchtimes. T25 is accounted for in my calories, walking is my override mechanism, it allows me to balance food I would prefer to eat but cannot fit into my "allowance". If I can't do the pace, I don't fill the face.

Remember that if T25 is different to your normal activities, you could be dealing with water retention. Just ensure that your portions are accurate, weigh everything for a while, measuring cups are inaccurate for solids. I was horrified to see the calories in the sliver of butter in my sandwiches, it does not go on now.

Have fun, keep with it, it does work.
  • jessbell_1984
    Options
    Thanks for posting......it sure gives me hope! :)
  • mehpinkgirlie2013
    Options
    If I can't do the pace, I don't fill the face.

I love this! Taking a screenshot of this as a daily inspiration! Thank you! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!