Beautiful Blues 10/25/10

Options
2»

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! Not having a great week food wise already. We are having an open house this week at the office and all the munchies are right out side my door! YIKES!!!! Trying to be good but have to snitch every once in a while.

Didn't make it to CURVES last night but plan on it tonight along with twirling so that will be good!

Not much news this morning but wanted to check in!!! ;)
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day. Rain has finally stopped here. Uh oh, that means tomorrow I may actually have to paint those shutters:grumble: Everybody have a healthy day!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Happy hump day! Just another day at work, and I'm still working on my workout schedule-hoping to bring my mojo back!

Have a great day all, and great job!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Did my veggies yesterday!!! Applesauce, mushrooms/onions/peppers, tomato soup, baby carrots

Mushrooms and onions in egg beaters this morning

Hope you all have a great day!

Check this out....I didn't realize how far I've come.... (My old TIGHT fat pants...)
    fatpants.jpg
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    WOW Chrissy that is amazing. I like the idea of putting veggies in your eggs I will have to try that next time I go tot the store.
    I am going to try to do Week 1 day 2 of C25K if the weather gets better. I wouldn't mind running if it was sprinkling but tornado warnings I am not so cool with.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I haven't run since Sunday....it's been terrible here too...kinda missing the club membership right about now.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Great job, Chrissy. You should be proud of your hard work:flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    Options
    Went for my walk today and got chased down the road by 3 dogs that live in the same house as the one that bit me 6 months ago. The owner came out and chased them down and apoligized for the dogs. She told me that they got rid of the dog that bit me but they got one from the pound that is teritorial and doesn't like dark hared people and does bite :noway: . That sucks for me because I am a brunnet and I run the road atleast 3 times a week. The ladiy told me how to get the dog to go away but still it makes me nervous to run the road again.

The strange thing is that as we were talking we started to talk about mny running and how she lost 70 pounds over the past year using B12 and B1. She told me that it can raise your metabolizm. Has anyone ever heard of that?
  • tamelab
    Options
    Went for my walk today and got chased down the road by 3 dogs that live in the same house as the one that bit me 6 months ago. The owner came out and chased them down and apoligized for the dogs. She told me that they got rid of the dog that bit me but they got one from the pound that is teritorial and doesn't like dark hared people and does bite :noway: . That sucks for me because I am a brunnet and I run the road atleast 3 times a week. The ladiy told me how to get the dog to go away but still it makes me nervous to run the road again.

The strange thing is that as we were talking we started to talk about mny running and how she lost 70 pounds over the past year using B12 and B1. She told me that it can raise your metabolizm. Has anyone ever heard of that?

That is terrible. I got chased by a dog in my neighborhood and he bit me. I don't think he weighed 7 pounds but he was mean. It didn't break the skin but I started carrying a hiking pole with me just in case. They moved now so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I went to a bariatric clinic once years ago and they gave me B12 injections once a month. It didn't make a significant difference in weight loss for me but it is probably different for everyone. I did have more energy though.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I carry a little pink pepper spray when I run - I am scared of strange dogs!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Chrissy that pic is awesome! What size jeans are you holding up? I am just a little curious...

Tomorrow is the ultrasound. So I will be excited to see what we are having. Also counting the fingers and toes...:wink:

I have been eating way to much junk food--I need to not buy it. I don't know what came over me today, other than the fact that I went to the store hungry...:devil:

Smadag, I have heard about Vitamin C and B vitamins helping with weight loss. I wouldn't count on it though--Emergen-C has those vitamins in it so it wouldn't hurt to try as a recovery drink--I know Chrissy has used it before. Becareful around the dogs!

Keep up all the great work!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Awww...debnu I am so excited for you. Ultrasounds are amazing now. The ones we had for our baby were awesome! They have changed so much in 10 years when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter.

Chrissy - you look fabulous! Keep it up...

Smadag - that really stinks about the dogs! I love to walk outside and I get sooo annoyed when dogs come running out in the road after me, especially when I have my dog (on a leash) or my girls with me. My neighbors even act offended when I tell their dogs to go away! Don't let it discourage you, though.

Hope you have a great week guys! I've been MIA lately. Just getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. I have been very, very emotional about this. Keep me in your thoughts. I know the baby will be fine and it's good for her, but it still hurts my heart.

On a happier note...Have a great Friday. See you for weigh in tomorrow!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am exhausted tonight and looking forward to bed. I can tell a difrence in my pants already just from this week of working out. I guess I am going to start going back to the high school track and running there again. I am trying to watch my eating but it is tough. I am really enjoying my C25k can't wait to do it again might do it tomorrow :drinker:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- so excited about your ultrasound. Let us know the results, I can't wait to know!!

cah0806- I know how you feel about work and your baby. I'm sending good wishes your way. Who's going to take care of your baby?

Such a crazy week for me, with my schedule. But, I'm staying positive and looking forward to changes in my life.

It's weigh in today all, so don't forget to send your weights.

Have a great day!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    3 hours and counting to the ultrasound--unfortunately they only had afternoon times so I have to wait all day.

cah0806--best of luck going back to work. I cried the first time I left my daughter...so did she as she was up all night screaming with her dad (I worked nights) It isn't easy to leave our kids, Luckily as my daughter always says, the days go by fast and b efore you know it you will be home with baby again....

smadag keep up the great work!! If you are already feeling the difference think of how you will feel next week!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    This will be a crazy busy weekend for me so I may not see y'all til Monday. We have a Halloween stroll tonight, soccer, pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating and It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on Saturday and then Scarowind's on Sunday. I'll try my best to eat well and get active. Hope you all have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Right Knne and left anke both have been bothering me so I am taking atleast today off maybe tomorrow. I don't want the pain to get worse. Not sure of the weekend plans since we have no kids and I don't like Holloween so I hop eayll have a great weekend.
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Hello lovely blues! Checking in!

Since I got really sick in the middle of the month exercise has been difficult. I was shredding regularly but it was hard to jump back in with the sick hiatus. I'm starting slim in six on November first with a few MFP-ers (if you wanna join us, PM me and we can chat! We love new people!) so I'm hoping that will jump start things again. I did manage to stay consistent with weight this week, even with the Halloween candy. I'm sure the loss will keep on going as soon as I get back in the exercising groove again. 5 lbs to go until my goal! Crazy!

Hope all is going well for everyone and no one is getting sick as the weather gets colder.

Oh, and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks for the happy thoughts, guys. I made it through the first day back. It was hard to leave her and I cried the whole way to work, but once there I was okay. She is at a local church day care that I really like, but I'd still rather be there with her. Talk to you soon! Happy Halloween!
  • MayLan
    Options