Turned 50 and need 50 pounds off (newbie)

Options
Hi everyone,
My name is Lanie and I turned 50 this year and have 50+ extra pounds I want off my body. I want to be healthy again, eat healthy again and feel happy with who I am on the inside and out.
I had cancer of my cervix at 35 and ended up having a total hysterectomy which brought on instant menopause at 35. It has been hell and my body has changed so much from lack of estrogen and other hormones I lost along the way, but I am a cancer survivor.
So at 35, I was 135 pounds and now at 50, I am 190 pounds and ready to get busy to get it off for good..

I started on 10-18-10 the B2B fitness bootcamp here in Corona CA and it's a 4 week bootcamp, 4 days a week for 1 hour each day and let me tell you,I SURVIVED THE 1ST WEEK !!! WOOHOO!!!.

I am finally ready & determined to get in shape and I want this for me first, for my self esteem 2nd, and to grow old with my hubby Ron of 13 years and our 3 golden retrievers and potbelly pig.
I will do this. I can do this, even though every muscle in my body aches because of my 1st week in bootcamp, but I feel & hope that it can only get better, right? (Please tell me yes it can get better)
I'm here for support and I'm willing to dish it out too.
Nice to meet you all & God Bless
Golden hugs X3 <3<3<3

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can totally and wonderfully do this!!! :drinker:
    I am also a cancer surviver (breast cancer, found February 2001--stage II/III). My 10-year mark is coming up, I'm 58, the chemo put me into instant menopause in 2001--at which point, I starting thinking up funny ways to laugh at my hot flashes, etc.
    I have lost 37 lbs since Feb 2010--I was at 179 and wanted to keep any more cancer at bay--did you know that cancer loves extra fat? That knowledge helped me lose about 1 lb a week between Feb and Sep 2010.
    You can also do this. You are still young--IMHO ;) Having a healthier body now will mean you can live longer and enjoy your loved one (Man, Dogs, PB Pig, and the rest of your family and friends.)
    Enjoy this experience! :drinker: (water)
  • SwissMiss2009
    Options
    Hi there and welcome.
    I joined just over a week ago, turning 60 for me was the stimulus, wish I had had it at 50!!!
    You have gotten through the worst test any women should face, so you can manage this too. We are all here to help.
    Not sure 60 pounds is a realistic goal for me, although it is true that I weighed that in my 30's. I am looking for a 45 pound loss over the next year, but my first target is 15.
    What is this boot camp you are on? I am coming out to CA this Christmas for a couple of weeks, staying in Diamond Bar, so it's not that far away, so would like to know more.
    Glad you joined us.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hunny, if you can survive cancer, this will be a piece of cake...errr...celery!!!

I may not be cancer survivor but I'm 24 and I have several autoimmune issues I deal with on a daily basis. Last year when I was 23, due to my blood clotting disorder and severe endometriosis I had to have a hysterectomy. So I understand only a tiny bit where you are coming from. Even now I'm still dealing with issues (They left my right ovary with the hopes of avoiding menopause) and next Tuesday I have an appointment with an OB/GYN Onychology due to some abnormal tests.

This is an AMAZING site filled with caring, kind people! We love to encourage and I'm so glad to see you here! And you look A MAX ING for 50! I would have NEVER guessed that! Just imagine what a few pounds lost will do!!! :o)

Welcome!!!
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 50 and when I started I needed to lose 50lbs - I'm almost halfway there now:smile:

There is so much support and friendship here, and you'll get there. Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • lovemy4goldens
    lovemy4goldens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it and i know I can, just thinking of the long haul of it all.
  • lovemy4goldens
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate it
  • lovemy4goldens
    Options
    Hi the bootcamp I am doing is very hard but I survived my first week. Here is the website
    www.b2bfitnessbootcamp.com. In a hours time I feel like I just got off a boat. My legs are all weak and I am hurting. I think my 4 week class is the last one for this year. heather is my instructor and I go to Santana park in Corona at 9a.m m-th.
    I believe I am rejoining after this month. (If I get through this 4 weeks).
    I was raised in Rowland heights and graduated at Rowland high in 78. small world.