And it begins...again!

Options
So I am 24 years old, a mom of 2 young babies...and serverly overweight. I topped the scale at 350 lbs. :( In years past, I have lost 100lbs on 2 diff occasions, so I know I can do it. Problem is, I also have had an eating disorder that I am always battling. When I was 17 years old I lost 100lbs in 4 months due to bulemia and anorexia nervosa. I ALSO lost an organ bc of it. The pressure to be thin was too much and when I stopped doing the bulemia bc I was scared, all the weight came on FAST.

This time, I am doing better, I'm just scared that those old habits will kick back up. I just need some support and love the help me continue healthy and not give up. I am very thankful that all of my blood work for this time around came back perfect, so now it's up to me! Love you guys and I'm here for ya'll as well!

*i'm also very open minded so feel free to ask me ANYTHING. Nothing is to personal for me to answer*

Replies

• irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I don't know you but I was just reading your post. I will be praying for God to give you strength.. God bless:smile:
  • joleanrook
    Options
    Rachel, I don't know you but I was just reading your post. I will be praying for God to give you strength.. God bless:smile:

Totally agree.

Stay strong Rachel. You've already learned the lesson once - weight is not lost for good unless it's lost the right way. Watch yourself carefully and allow the Lord to carry you through each day. Be that example of positivity and health for your two little babes. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you can do it! It is difficult but it just takes positive thinking and determination. Everyone slips up and falls off the horse. Congratulations for getting back on and trying again. Overcoming an eating disorder is extremely difficult and it is something many people struggle with mentally for many years even after they are "healed." Just don't give up and don't be afraid to turn to every avenue of support you can. I'm sure you will find so many people here that have suffered from their own versions of what you described and that will offer you all the love, prayer, and support possible.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! My eating disorder virtually took over my life, and it's still something I find myself thinking about when I eat even the smallest 'bad thing.' I want to be a better example for my kids because I know how hard it is growing up over weight and how different it is when you are 'normal' weight. It may suck, but its a reality. :( I want my daughter to have the best life that she can!
  • lkhartmann
    Options
    I am right there with you. I went on a 1200 calorie diet when I hit 40 and lost over 100lbs. Now I have gained 75 back and I can't do the things I want because I am so ited and achy from carrying all this weight around. I also see my almost 13 year old daughter (who has a severe heart issue) picking up my bad habits. I can't allow that so I am refusing to diet, but instead making better choices. I want to teach her the same, I have to for her health. I am one week in and lost 2 lbs but more importantly I don't feel deprived because I forced myself to eat during the day at work which is something I rarely do. It made a difference. We all can do this together.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    agreed! thanks guys!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel

Happy to meet you. I have found this site to exceptional with encouragement. We are all here, working one day at a time. Your journey has it's own individual challenges, but you should be so proud of yourself to want to be healthy and willing to work so hard for yourself and your babies! What an amazing first step, just to join up here! Well done girl... Keep in touch!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! My eating disorder virtually took over my life, and it's still something I find myself thinking about when I eat even the smallest 'bad thing.' I want to be a better example for my kids because I know how hard it is growing up over weight and how different it is when you are 'normal' weight. It may suck, but its a reality. :( I want my daughter to have the best life that she can!

I know what you mean! The beauty of this site is that it's okay to eat 'bad things' once in a while :). As long as you stay within your calories! Like today for instance, my husband brought home one of those pumpkin pies from McDonald's for me... ha. He has the biggest sweet tooth ever, and I wasn't going to pretend I didn't want it or that I didn't appreciate it, so I ate it! And loved it :). So it was 240 calories out of my total.. and I had plenty left over. I've been counting my calories for only 5 days now and I've lost 3 pounds. Whether it's water weight or not, it's working. No need to feel guilty :wink: