I have no self control!

I have no self control. I have been using the MFP app for about 2 months and I was doing really well logging all my food and exercise and it helped to keep me on track and accountable for the my weight changes. But about a week ago I got kind of tired of using it. It seemed like despite staying under calories and doing some kind of physical activity almost every day I wasn't loosing consistently anymore so I decided to stop logging and play it by ear. Well that was a mistake LOL! Without the accountability of seeing what all I'm eating and what else I am "allowed" for the day I just go nuts! I was at 143.2 when I stopped and weighed in today at 146.4. And I haven't just been sitting around, I have been more physically active than usual but my eating habits just such so bad that I gained 3 pounds. So I am back on the wagon so to speak since apparently I am not able to make good decisions without seeing the end result each day. I guess really what it boils down to is my crappy eating habits are counter acting all the physical activity that could be helping me loose weight and reach my goals.

Replies

• tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    It's just a small step back, chalk it up to a lesson learned. So much of my journey is trial and error. You can still make leaps and bounds forward. Better luck this time, I know you'll do well!
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    And you made a good decision to go back to logging since playing it by ear wasn't working. Give yourself credit for having the self-awareness to be honest about what wasn't working and fixing it on your own.