Flex, Muscle and Fitness workout routines

Options
Tomm88
Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
Ok there's something that's really getting to me, I'v been lifting for a good few years now and i'v tried different things and have a good idea of what works and what does not. What i'v come to notice is that magazines and so on promise people great results because the routines they put on pages are what " the pro's do". a few caught my eye one in particular was the Dorian Yates 6 week trainer, do these workouts and within a few months you'll look like dorian yates....... young lifters are being misguided and magazines would have them think that taking cell mass, eating chicken and rice and doing mr olympia's training split is gonna have them jacked to the hilt in a matter of months, It's more optimal for a natural lifter to train differently than an enhanced lifter, workout frequency, recovery time etc..

Where i'm going with all this....you young lifters out there, around 15-23 just do your reaserch and read before plukking a pro's routine out of Flex.

Replies

• livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yup. There is no way that those routines will work for 95% of people. I have gotten my best results from weight lifting in the same way I get my best results in losing weight. Experimenting and finding what works for me.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    ^ Exactly, it takes time and years to figure it out, for the lifters just starting out they try these routines, they don't work, he or she gets fed up and stops. an entire career in fitness and health ruined before it has even started.