50 days weight loss challenge!

Options

Replies

• MancLass
    MancLass Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 22 for me. I stayed the same this week - bit of a bummer but I'm not going to let this derail me. So this week needs to see me re-focussed and finding my mojo!! I've got an open water swim next weekend in the Lake District - it should be fun, there are thousands and thousands of folk doing it. We are going there for a few days so I need to make sure it's a positive experience, good food, fun and lots of activity - rather than a pigging out event with a bit of swimming and not much else!!

The low carb reports are interesting eskimite......I still eat quite a few carbs, not as much as I used to but probably too many. I need to think about looking into this more. Perhaps something to do when this challenge is over?

The messages have gone quiet, I imagine a few of us have given up......but where I am right now there are 28 days left. That's 4 weeks - perhaps there's the opportunity for a 4 week blast at the end?????????
  • smalltheresa
    smalltheresa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I hope this not too late join challenge :smile:
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    does anyone believe that the body will eventually get to a happy weight and that's what you're destined to be despite dieting and exercise? i feel like my body wants to be around 150 lbs. i would like to be 140 lbs at the most. i feel like it's going to take a lot of time, sacrifice, denial, and effort to drop these last 10 pounds (which will be totally worth it) but when i finally get there, how can i convince my body that that is its new "set point"? we don't eat a lot of crap around here! my husband is fit, and our daughter doesn't like to eat junk either...so i'm in an environment where there are no temptation foods lying around. i don't think i can live out the rest of my life in such severe restriction just to maintain that high school weight of 140. we are foodies. we like to cook. we make many of the things that most people buy. sorry. whine whine. complain complain. i know that there are many others who have loads more to drop and i should probably be happy with where i am, but it's frustrating to look at pictures of myself and see the extra pounds there. i'm healthy, i should be happy. i'm 42, in perimenopause, and have hypothyroidism, but do not see these as barriers to weight loss.
  • Shihpoonut
    Shihpoonut Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello All-

This weekend did not go as well as I had hoped. Not enough exercise and too much to eat. But I'm not giving up. I need to get enough sleep too. If I don't have enough sleep, then I don't want to exercise. Arrrgh! I know all of this, but I seem to keep repeating the same mistakes.
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo frustrated!!! I have been stuck for weeks and nothing is happening. No weight coming off, no inches coming off and I'm getting ready to throw the scale at a wall. No, I'm not relying only on the scale, but nothing else is happening either. I continue to exercise, eat within range, and drink my water to no avail. If I can't get past the stupid number 200, how am I supposed to think I can make it to a normal weight?
    Just really royally pissed off.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'll be working in Istanbul until the end of the month (I'm from Portugal).
    I brought my 30DS in my iPad and my measurement tape, but the Hotel doesn't have a scale ( they told me they will try to get a digital one for me :blushing: )

I started 2014 with 149lbs
    I currently have 145lbs, but only started exercising on May 20th
    Current Goal is to be below 140lbs by the end of July.
  • Shihpoonut
    Options
    Well slow and steady does it. I'm finally down 3 lbs. My biggest downfalls are the weekends, I end up gaining the weight I lost and then I have to kick butt over the next week to get back to where I was. I hope everyone else is doing well and I hope people come back to our group. :flowerforyou:
  • FlyersGirlrc
    FlyersGirlrc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW: 215
    GW: 199.9

W1 5/22/14: 213.2 (-1.8 lbs)
    W2 5/30/14: 212.2 (-2.8 lbs)
    W3 6/06/14: 211.2 (-3.8 lbs)
    W4 6/13/14: 211.2 (-3.8 lbs)
    W5 6/20/14:
    W6 6/27/14:
    W7 7/04/14:

No loss this week. Feeling stuck, eating too many carbs. Hope to get back on track this week. Good luck all!
  • Shihpoonut
    Options
    Hey FlyersGirlrc- you maintained and that in and of itself is a victory!
  • Tatyanne
    Options
    Hi All,

They really got me a scale :blushing:

So this week I finished D7 of Level 2 30 Day Shred. I feel stronger now.
    Yesterday I decided to start the 30 Day Challenge. I downloaded the Challenges from Apple Store and I didn't knew which to do, so I went crazy and decided to do all (Abs, Squats and Push ups).
    For now, with Jillian DVD it seams doable, but I guess after 15 days I will be sore all day long LOLOL

Keep Strong you all!!!

PS: I saw some changes in my body today, and although it wasn't measure day (it will be Thursday), I took some anyway and "I'm shrinking" :laugh:
  • territ84
    territ84 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! This what I need I have a class reunion coming up 30 years!!
  • tildastwistedlife
    Options
    This week I'm officially past the 200 mark. I do need to get a new battery for my scale. It's making me crazy because this morning I weighed 196.2 which I thought was a little low. I stepped right back on the scale and weighed 198.2. Wha'? So I'm thinking it needs a new battery if it can't make up it's mind. Heading off to do my 'Lifting Like a Girl" and a little Zumba. Then some breakfast!
  • scarlettxroses
    Options
    Today is my Day 51!! :)
  • Shihpoonut
    Options
    I'm glad to see more people writing in and sharing their details. Very motivational!!

Sunday I went on a long walk and mowed the lawn, Monday I did Shaun T 25 minutes cardio and this morning I did 40 minutes of strength training with my Jari Love Ripped & Chiseled DVD. This workout focuses quite a bit on the arms / back plus some lunges and squats. My goal is to get my arms to a place where I feel comfortable going sleeveless again and this workout really helps.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • tildastwistedlife
    Options
    31 days to go on my timer and I have already lost 7.2 pounds of my 10 pound goal as of this morning! My initial goal was 10 pounds which would put me at 192.6. I think I'm going to change my personal goal to be below 190 by the end of my 50 day challenge. That means a goal of at least 12.7 pounds to get me under 190. That leaves 5.5 pounds before the next 31 days are over. Totally doable!!
  • Shihpoonut
    Options
    Hello All-

Today I did the Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training DVD and then I did about 5 minutes of Shaun T25 cardio, but then realized that I needed to eat breakfast and start getting ready for work. I seem to lose weight very slowly, but I know as I continue with my exercise I will be better and be able to increase my weight for strength or perform the cardio workouts longer and with better form. I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...!!!
  • Tatyanne
    Options
    I just finished L2 today.
    I'll start Level 3 tomorrow, but before I'll take my measurements.
    I promise to post them here :blushing:
  • Shihpoonut
    Options
    Today I noticed that a size medium blouse that I'd recently worn and was uncomfortably tight, now fits looser and more comfortably today, yeah!

This morning I did a Shaun T hip hop abs workout that must be very old because he looks so young. It was pretty easy, but I still got in 30 minutes of low impact cardio. Later on a break I took a walk for 20 minutes. Feeling good so far!!
  • SaltLifeGrl
    Options
    sounds good to me im in
  • Tatyanne
    Options
    Hi you all,

30 DS L3 D1
    30 Day Challenge D5
    20min walk

I'm in that TOM and I'm feeling a little bloated, however today was measurement day for me, and I would love to share my results with you all...

ixusuu.png

I'm amazed :happy:
    In one month less 2.4lbs and less 11.2 inches total.
    I'm so proud of myself. :flowerforyou:

Kisses to you all