Calorie Counter????

Options
Hello all!!! I am looking into getting a calorie counter and i am not sure what to get.....I would like an arm band type. I looked in to getting the bodybug but that is way out of my price range. I am willing to pay $100-$130 for one just dont know what is the best one. Thought maybe you guys could help. Thanks for reading and responding!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't know any with arm bands, but I love my Polar FT7 with the chest strap. I paid about $140 for it in Canada and it is pretty comfortable and water resistant, so i can use it swimming.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    To get an accurate reading you need one of the chest strap types - Polar FT4 does a good job and should be in your price range - a lot less than the FT7
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have am omron! i read up on al kinds of different 1's. i am also a member of sparkspeople ( though i must say i like this 1 better ) i` have 4 different 1's, & through research i have found, u DON"T want 1 with a spring in it.. if u jiggle them, they still count... 1 of my SP friends has had 1 for 3 yrs, ( she hadda get another 1 cuz she 4got it was fastened 2 her , when she jumped in the lake ) so , yea she got another 1.. i wear mine 2 my work out's, when i mow, & espially when i work..... i adverage about 10.000 - 13,000 steps per shift.... about 350 - 600 calories burned...... the omron sells 4 about 24.95..... it is most excellent..... if u wanna check it out, go 2 omron.com..... if u get 1, gl with yours, i jus luv mine..... pammy
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 & love it (has a chest strap). Got it new on ebay for $150-160ish
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 w/chest strap. It is very cofortable and easy to use. I bought it from walmart.com for $94 with free site to store shipping.
  • 614jaimee
    Options
    I also have the chest strap and watch. It is great, and you can download it to your computer and track your progress. It also helps you stay in the right heart rate for what you are trying to achieve (i.e. weight loss). Biggest loser uses bodybug, but I don't know anything about it.