Trouble with Polar FT4...Help!

Options
So Ive had my Polar FT4 for a little over a year. I started having trouble with it about a month ago. It would read error "Check heart rate transmitter"....Ive replaced the battery in the transmitter, adjusted the strap, and used a microfiber cloth to "clean" the sensors. I am at a loss of what to do next? Its discouraging to not know my actual calorie burn...Any ideas on what else to try to remedy this? Or do I need to buy a new HRM?

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Replace the watch battery, wash the strap in the wash. Make sure your wearing it tight enough against your skin and make sure no clothing was under the sensors, those things coud all affect it.
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You said that you replaced the battery in the transmitter, did you replace it in the watch as well?
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I havent replaced the watch battery....I put the strap in the washer ;) We will see if that works..I'll also go pick up watch batteries today.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am having a similar issue, however mine started when I washed my strap. Now it suddenly reads things like my HR is 28 or 33, only those two numbers nothing else. I may need to replace the batteries. How long do they usually last?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,659 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue. The transmitter is fragile and prone to beak down. Polar warranty is 2 years so you can get a free repair. Report the issue on their website and they will email instructions on how to send it in. They returned mine in 2 working days.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,659 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when they returned my HRM there was a note informing me to dry off the transmitter, and store it in a dry place, separated from the strap as it was easily damaged by oxidation. I used to just toss the watch, the rinsed wet strap, and the transmitter into the same bowl on the kitchen counter.