why am I not losing weight??

Options

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is definitely the most helpful and mature rely I have gotten. I did not realize that I need to eat back the calories I burn. I'm not lying about anything I post, I just thought that my cheat day could be one day break from logging.

There's nothing wrong with having a cheat day. A lot of people do and have been successful that way.

If having a cheat day is something you enjoy, it might be better for you to stick to a weekly calorie goal rather than a daily one. Some people save up their exercise calories during the week and use them to splurge over the weekend. Some people prefer Intermittent Fasting, which means you have a couple very low calorie days and get to eat more throughout the rest of the week. Just make sure you're at least hitting your weekly calorie goal.

No matter how you choose to do it, take care of yourself. Weight loss is a numbers game, but if you want to have a healthy body when you reach your goal weight, you have to choose a sustainable plan and fuel yourself for the long run. :smile:
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello

You're diet is extreme. I was dieting on low carb and losing weight at first then I started to maintain then gain. I started eating more carbs then the weight started slipping off again. Make sure you have a rest day and please if you are doing so much exercise. Eat more!
    Have a nice day :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being the only person to reply with something nice and helpful. I genuinely appreciate it.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23820-1384189236-7.gif
    i said basically the same thing and provided helpful links, along with quite a few others, and you only see one person being helpful and nice?

Seriously. If you can't see and accept good, sound advice in response to your question, I'd say you're the one who's immature.

Here's another good read for you, if you choose to take the time: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1088600-dear-mean-people-of-mfp?hl=mean+people&page=13#posts-18486704

Wise up and suck it up - you're getting great advice here from people who know what they're talking about. Or continue down your primrose path of not understanding how to properly fuel your body and lose weight, and enjoy yo yo dieting, muscle loss, saggy skin, hair falling out, brittle nails, lack of energy, jacked up hormones and a screwed metabolism.
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    Wow, really on a roll here, aren't ya. :tongue:
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Eat! Dammit! Women on here need to start eating!!! (end of rant)

If you don't start eating you'll get skinny fat. You're losing muscle.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    First: The button at the bottom that says 'quote', use it so we know who you are replying to.

Second: You need to NET at least 1200 calories.

Third: You need to stop acting like you are towards people giving you advice.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Quoting this because I attribute all of my success so far to the information in these links. These are very valuable tools that you can use forever. :smile:

Edited to add for the OP: my diary is open if you want to take a peek and see how I regularly eat to lose weight.
  • hurricanekaty
    Options
    Its funny to me that you're taking so much time out of your day to get butthurt because I didn't mention every single person that said something nice. Looks like you're the one that needs to suck it up.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Its funny to me that you're taking so much time out of your day to get butthurt because I didn't mention every single person that said something nice. Looks like you're the one that needs to suck it up.

Quote button, use it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    7VdSjs3.jpg
  • pamcotney
    pamcotney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    A woman should eat the "minimal" of 1200. And that's if your short and weight low.
    So if you eat 1229 and burned 1000. Well you've only eaten 229 calories for the day.
    1229-1000=229
    That is starving yourself. Eat the calories back if not all at least some. But try to at least hit that 1200 mark. You aren't losing, because your body is trying to hold on to any fat it can for energy/basic bodily needs. Eat more!!!
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I noticed that your sodium is really high. I learned that myself through my trainer. A person only uses 1500mg of sodium a day...so try to stay within that. By the way, it's really hard. I try to stay within that, but if I go to 2000mg....it's ok, at least it's not 4-5000mg like I was. I was shocked at how much better I felt, with out all that salt. Also, weird as it sounds..and hard as it may be, up your caloric intake. Good luck!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Step away from the computer for a few minutes and think about what you learned. Despite the way you perceived that advice, are you now more knowledgeable due to it? If the answer is yes, realize that those people you perceive as being 'pissy' actually helped you out today.

How do we treat people that helped us out? Do we treat them the way you have or maybe a different approach is in order.

I'm trying to help you out too now, OP. Please don't think I'm pissy, just trying to be a voice of reason that you're lacking at the moment.
  • hurricanekaty
    Options
    A woman should eat the "minimal" of 1200. And that's if your short and weight low.
    So if you eat 1229 and burned 1000. Well you've only eaten 229 calories for the day.
    1229-1000=229
    That is starving yourself. Eat the calories back if not all at least some. But try to at least hit that 1200 mark. You aren't losing, because your body is trying to hold on to any fat it can for energy/basic bodily needs. Eat more!!!

Thank you. I genuinely didn't realize this.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    How does this starvation / "holding on to fat" thing work? I read so often on here that weight loss is as simple as CICO.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    1229-1000=229

Thank you. I genuinely didn't realize this.

You're welcome!! If you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what is your current weight? And how often do you workout a week?
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Because you are not eating enough so your body is holding on to what little you are giving it. Try upping your calories to bout 1500 and eat back at least 1/3 of your burned calories.