HEALTHY PIZZA ALTERNATIVE!!

Options

Replies

• SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Sounds yummy :-) anyone know if we can get flat out bread in th uk? i can use tortillas :-)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I made these for my 6-year old daughter and I on a Friday night. I used diced tomatoes instead of the sauce. I made a turkey pepperoni pizza for my daughter and a spinach/olive pizza for myself. Both were great and my daughter actually liked mine more than her pepperoni pizza. I am thinking about making this our Friday night tradition.
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great ideas for lunch. tfs
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • edna354
    Options
    Thanks for the info...I am gonna give it a shot this week. I think I could even get my kids to eat this one!!!
  • hutchins123
    hutchins123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome :)
  • ethmet
    ethmet Posts: 2
    Options
    I just made this using the idea's that i had read and ingredients i had in the cupboard and freezer.

i had a bag of roasting vegetables in the freezer so i roasted them in the oven, when they were done i took my plates, sprayed them with spray olive oil and put a tortilla on each. i had some tomato pasta sauce (not pizza) so i put 3 spoonfulls of that on each and spread it about. i then divided the roast veg between the tortillas and then used some sliced edam (just a small amount) that i broke up and dotted around the tortilla. i then sprinkled a small amount of oregano on each. i put them in the microwave and they were done in 1 minute 30 seconds each

my son says that it was the best pizza he has ever had.

i put black pepper, and crushed dried chilli's on mine too.

this is definitely going to be a regular dish in my house. tasty, low calorie and the kids actually eat it!!!
  • carrietobias
    Options
    This really sounds awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I am posting a recipe I got from one of the girls at work. She is a "clean eating" fanatic!! I have tried the recipe and my family LOVED it!!

Ingredients
    1 ea. Flat Out Wrap (any flavor) (http://www.flatoutbread.com/) * Find this by the deli counter @ Kroger/Meijer or any grocery store* Ask for FLAT OUT Wraps they come in all flavors (sun dried tomato, Italian, whole grain..ect. ) They are also great for turkey wraps or lunch options

1/4 c. pizza sauce ( I use Organic Muer Glen) Or whatever you have around with not a ton of salt & sugar.. Anything works!

1/2c. Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese ( small amount)

Any pizza toppings you choose
    * We love the turkey pepperoni ( in the pizza section @ the grocery store- 70% less fat then regular pepperoni*
    Peppers, onions, pineapple, Canadian bacon, mushrooms.. Whatever you like.. BE CREATIVE.. PUSH VEGGIES WITH THE KIDDIES!

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 1 Flat Out Wrap on a cookie sheet.. ( brush with EVOO & spices lightly if you like) and bake it for 7 mins or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and spread the sauce and cheese on it. You can add any veggies, pepperoni, or whatever else you prefer!
    Once you get it "built", bake for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.. Bottom will easily burn so keep an eye on it!

You get the whole thing all to yourself! :-)
    * I suggest doing a pizza buffet and have everyone in your fam make their own and bake up to two at a time on a cookie sheet

Number of Servings: 1

ENJOY!!!:drinker:

Hahha. I actually made this tonight! Delicious!! :drinker: Ironically enough, I thought I had some turkey pepperoni, so I didn't buy any before I left work. (Shameless plug for anyone in Indiana/Illinois - flatouts are BOGO in your Kroger bakery right now!) but used instead a chopped up morning star sausage patty. Sooo good!
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This sounds SO good and I have been dying for some pizza! I'm making this tomorrow!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    bump bump bump :happy:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i sued to have pizz night with the hubby so i switched to using pitas and now we dont miss out!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    = )
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I do these pizza's with a tortilla as a base all the time now. It's brilliant with the kids too, they love being able to top their own pizza themselves obviously half a tortilla each for them as they are only young.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Nice!
    I've been using pita bread for my crusts for ages!

Just watch the cheese ;) If you can get your hands on the Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges, that's the way to go! I think they were only one Weight Watchers point per wedge. Makes a yummy white base!

Remember! Lots of veggies!!!

Laughing cow cheese!! Now that is a good idea!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    mmm, bump for later, thanks.
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    I am posting a recipe I got from one of the girls at work. She is a "clean eating" fanatic!! I have tried the recipe and my family LOVED it!!

Ingredients
    1 ea. Flat Out Wrap (any flavor) (http://www.flatoutbread.com/) * Find this by the deli counter @ Kroger/Meijer or any grocery store* Ask for FLAT OUT Wraps they come in all flavors (sun dried tomato, Italian, whole grain..ect. ) They are also great for turkey wraps or lunch options

1/4 c. pizza sauce ( I use Organic Muer Glen) Or whatever you have around with not a ton of salt & sugar.. Anything works!

1/2c. Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese ( small amount)

Any pizza toppings you choose
    * We love the turkey pepperoni ( in the pizza section @ the grocery store- 70% less fat then regular pepperoni*
    Peppers, onions, pineapple, Canadian bacon, mushrooms.. Whatever you like.. BE CREATIVE.. PUSH VEGGIES WITH THE KIDDIES!

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 1 Flat Out Wrap on a cookie sheet.. ( brush with EVOO & spices lightly if you like) and bake it for 7 mins or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and spread the sauce and cheese on it. You can add any veggies, pepperoni, or whatever else you prefer!
    Once you get it "built", bake for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.. Bottom will easily burn so keep an eye on it!

You get the whole thing all to yourself! :-)
    * I suggest doing a pizza buffet and have everyone in your fam make their own and bake up to two at a time on a cookie sheet

Number of Servings: 1

ENJOY!!!:drinker:

about how many cals is it?
  • Leslie_Sumner
    Options
    Love pizza. Can't wait to try it!