Ciao everyone - weight gain from steriods

Options
d3nise
d3nise Posts: 25 Member
Hi, I just happened upon this site searching for info for people on steriods and losing weight. A little about me, I have been in the military for 23 years and am coming upon retirement. About 9 years ago I was diagnosis with a rare autoimunne disorder, and have been on steriods ever since. There is lots of info about losing weight after you get off the steriods, unfortunately, I never will, along with a host of other drugs. I have gained 30lbs on the steriod and have never been able to lose more 10lbs.

I have accepted that I will never be 135 pounds again, but at 5'7 if I could get to about 145-148, I would be pretty happy. Anyways, at the moment I am extremely excited and just hope I/my body can keep with it this time.

Denise

Replies

• lizurt
    lizurt Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Denise!

It sounds like our stories are quite similar in a sense; I, too, have been on steroids for a very long time, 15 years to be exact. I have severe breathing problems and steroids seem to be the only thing keeping me away from a hospital bed. In those 15 years I have put on a miserable 70 lbs. I turned 50 this year and with my first grand child on the way I made a promise to myself to get healthier in order to enjoy my grand child. I've made goals for myself to lose these 70 lbs in 12 months. So far, since October 1 I have lost 5 lbs and 4 inches. Slow and steady wins the race and hopefully wins a healthy, enjoyable future.

Feel free to add me to your friends list. Good luck on your journey :)