Holding in your belly

Options
Hi Everyone, I may be getting a tummy tuck in Dec, just waiting on a letter from BCBS to see if they will be paying for it.
People always tell my I dont need a tummy tuck because they dont think I have a big belly, I tell them I hide it well. I had to show this lady at work how big my belly really was cause she just didnt think I needed a tummy tuck, she was just shocked at how BIG my belly really was. I had my first son 31 yrs ago, my mom told me then to always hold my belly in, so I have been doing just that for 31 yrs, 24/7. I just want to tell the young people or anyone to learn to do this, it really does make you look trimmer. Before I started to lose the weight I always thought I looked like humpty dumpty I have a big belly and had a very big butt, I always walk around with my belly sucked in, I am TRYING to add some pic's of my belly just hanging out and then one with it held in. Not sure if it will work but if it doesnt just go to my profile I posted them there. Well cant get the pics here so guess if you want to see the pics go to my profile.

Replies

• meaneyz
    meaneyz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine had a tummy tuck a few years ago and says it's the best money she ever spent! Good luck!
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just had a "Mommy Makeover" (lipo, Tummy Tuck, Breast lift) and I can tell you is the best money you will ever spend, :)
    I used to suck it in too (I was not very big to begin with -about 130 pounds- but I had tons of stretch marks and now thanks to a TT they are all gone (along with those pesky fat rolls LOL.
    Good luck and take care of yourself.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I can't get over the difference in the pics!
    If you want to post them on the thread upload to photobucket.com (its free to register) and once uploaded you'll be given some codes. Copy the one that begins .... then paste on the thread and change theat the start and end of the code to lower case.
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    img_4618.jpg

img_4619.jpg

not sure if this worked
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    I can't get over the difference in the pics!
    If you want to post them on the thread upload to photobucket.com (its free to register) and once uploaded you'll be given some codes. Copy the one that begins .... then paste on the thread and change theat the start and end of the code to lower case.
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    img_4619.img

img_4618.img
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What a difference. Wow. Ive tried holding in my tummy, but my back always ends up hurting. Guess I will work on that one. Those pics are amazing.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    you are so funny, I had to laugh at first, but WOW it really does make a difference...I do the same thing though without even thinking about it.....
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I’m glad you feel better and this is not an insult towards you but did the doctor do too quick a job? I ask this because yes it is a reduction in size but the lower half of your tummy still folds over and after most tummy tucks I’ve seen and having a brief understanding of the procedure, the muscle lining and skin overtop has to be be tightened to the bikini line so I’m not sure why there is that excess skin fold there on the pant linet. Maybe I midread and it was just lypo?

To the person who got the mommy makeover, that’s awesome!!! I only hope you budgeted for that and didn’t take away from the kid's college fund – just a comment not a judgment, honest. If I ever have kids call me irresponsible but I’m scheduling a c-section and have them perform a tummy tuck at the same time – reduce healing to one surgery not 2 separate. I’m also not a fan of having kids so spending the money on a tummy tuck would be a deal breaker for me.
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    I’m glad you feel better and this is not an insult towards you but did the doctor do too quick a job? I ask this because yes it is a reduction in size but the lower half of your tummy still folds over and after most tummy tucks I’ve seen and having a brief understanding of the procedure, the muscle lining and skin overtop has to be be tightened to the bikini line so I’m not sure why there is that excess skin fold there on the pant linet. Maybe I midread and it was just lypo?

To the person who got the mommy makeover, that’s awesome!!! I only hope you budgeted for that and didn’t take away from the kid's college fund – just a comment not a judgment, honest. If I ever have kids call me irresponsible but I’m scheduling a c-section and have them perform a tummy tuck at the same time – reduce healing to one surgery not 2 separate. I’m also not a fan of having kids so spending the money on a tummy tuck would be a deal breaker for me.

You really misread..I might be having the TT in Dec
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    you are so funny, I had to laugh at first, but WOW it really does make a difference...I do the same thing though without even thinking about it.....

yea I think about it now and think it was a really DUM post, Im sure a lot of ppl thought it was funny and stupid
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    No its a great post! I think thats amazing! The funny thing is that my sister is really super thin, and yesterday we were talking and she said when she is bored she just flexs her entire body while in the car or at work and I can tell a difference in how toned she looks now instead of just being thin. I think it really does make a difference and thanks so much for posting pics and sharing :flowerforyou:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've been holding mine in since Middle School! That's how long I have felt overweight, even though then I really wasn't. Isn't it interesting how we are made to feel so inferior at such a young age? I probably have a six pack underneath all this fat, LOL!!! :laugh:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

yea I think about it now and think it was a really DUM post, Im sure a lot of ppl thought it was funny and stupid

Not at all dumb or stupid....I think most of us here are in the same boat, I only got a giggle out of it because after looking at your pics I went into the bathroom mirror and did my suck in and not....big difference...but it's kinda funny how we have to do these things...!! i have a pretty bad "flap" is that's what you wanna call it-(I have had 2 c-sections and haad an "open" tubal ligation--they lost the clips during my procedure and had to open me(another long story)--and I am sooo hoping your insurance will cover the tummy tuck because I have been thinking of it after you told us about it...I am going to check on my next gyn. visit...thanks for posting the topic!!!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I thought about this all day today and every time it came to mind, I sucked it in.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Wow! Obviously you lack tact, young lady. Very rude of you not to reread the original post before posting something so terribly out of line. And what business is it of yours exactly HOW someone budgeted a surgery? Good grief!

To the original poster, I do not think this was dumb or stupid. Many of us are in your shoes right now! I have every intention of getting a TT once I reach my goal weight. :) Best of luck to you!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I giggled as well, I do this all the time and HUGE difference is right, no one can ever believe how heavy I really am. :)

You do know having a c-section-elected, not necessary will cause way more problems than some extra skin, that more than 1/2 of all mom's who have given birth don't ever even get? Not a fan of having kids? Then don't especially is you are planning on have a c-section w/ tummy tuck simply because you fear some extra flab? Let's see a vaginal birth, which after you can get right up and do things, or a elected (not medically necessary) section which will have you doing the bare minimum for up to 8 weeks? hmm.. irresponsible is the wrong word. Selfish is more like it.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    WOW----really? You do it too? I have always done this. Im glad im not alone on this! Yes i was one of those that giggled when i read this, but only because i was relieved that i wasn't the only one!

i feel sorry for the poster that said she wasn't "a fan" of having kids. Thats really selfish of you to say. I hope and pray that you never..."whoops, get pregnant" And what business is it on how the Makeover mommy budgeted for her TT (KUDOS TO YOU MAKEOVER MOMMY). The point she was making was that it was the best money she ever spent.

Last of all, read a post before you comment something stupid on it like you did about HOLDING>>She stated that the TT hasnt happened yet and the pics were about holding in your belly.
  • connielicious
    connielicious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow Heathersmilz, I've seen your posts on caloriecounters and I remember you saying that you liked this site better because people weren't so judgemental...WTF what the hell happened to you?
  • connielicious
    connielicious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow Heathersmilz, I've seen your posts on caloriecounters and I remember you saying that you liked this site better because people weren't so judgemental...WTF what the hell happened to you?