New girl - looking for some friends!

Options
Hi all! I'm Lizzi, I'm 22 years old. I'm looking to lose 56 pounds (to start with) and once I lose that I'll take it from there. I've struggled with weight for years...had an issue with bulimia, tried crash dieting, pills....you name it, I've done it and it's only messed me up. I understand a lot of the struggle that comes with this, so if anyone wants some support, I'm here - and will probably want some of that same support in return!

Good luck to you all and kudos for making healthy steps!
:drinker:

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Hi & welcome. I'm new here, too, and all too familiar w/ the ups and downs of dieting.

Looking forward to supporting each other. Sending you an add request :)
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    You've come to the right place to lose the weight. Just make sure you log in all your calories and exercises, and as long as you don't eat into your calorie deficit, you'll lose the weight.
  • jackal75
    Options
    Managing weight is a tough gig, and your story only serves to prove how hard it can be. This site is going to be your weight-loss salvation. Be 150% honest in the options you set (age, weight, height, level of activity.) Look at the calorie goal it gives you, and keep up on entering what you eat. You will be AMAZED.

Tips.

1. Get some exercise as well. This not only helps your calories for the day, but helps ensure that you aren't losing a bunch of muscle in the process.

2. Eat healthy! It won't do any good to eat junk food until you're out of calories. More whole grains and balanced meals will also help your metabolism. Lower your red meat intake, and eat lots of veggies. I'm not saying to be a vegan, just choose white meats over reds when you can. Watch your nutritional info and find foods that help areas you are deficient in.

3. Keep checking in here. This is a VERY supportive community.

With this site and going to gym 2-3 times a week I'm down 43lbs. You can do it too!
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm newly serious to this progam (I started a while back, but wasn't serious....) Way to go us for wanting to lose weight the smart way! I'm sending you an add request!
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lizzie. :)
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.....my only advice is listen to your body and make sure you eat your food. At some point in your journey, weight loss will slow down and for me, it meant eating more to keep losing. Each person is different, but ask for help here on the boards and let us help you.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: This place is so supporting and motivating, it will be essential to your weight loss journey! :smile:
  • danmullen
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm 7 weeks in and 29 pounds lost! I've found the help and support on here to be really helpful, so you've made a great start by signing up. Good luck! x
  • snowness
    Options
    Welcome! this website is great and full of people full of support! Wish all the best for you in your journey and sending a friend request :)
  • ChattyKatie
    Options
    Welcome Lizzi. I only joined 3 days ago. Wishing you lots of success
  • treasureprecious
    Options
    Hi my name is Treasure ,and i want to lose 70 lbs.need alot of support.
  • dxtwilli
    Options
    Goo luck to you. I started at diet 1 month agao and have lost 21 lbs. I still want to lose at least 98 more but its a start-right! I too have tried everything under the sun to lose weight but always end up gaiing even more than I lost. This seems like a pretty neat site and I hope this tool is able to help both of us reach our goal. Good luck!
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome. You've come to the right place. Just log in your meals and your exerices and your on your way to a new you. good luck and we are here for you.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Glad your here, you are heading in the right direction. Feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for some good friends for ENCOURAGEMENT... I want to lose 50 lbs. I have been on here since April and in September well I CRASHED and BURNT! But I am back and looking to get back on track with positive women or men that are trying to do the same thing I am.... Good luck and see you on here. ~Love and Believe~
  • meggo1
    meggo1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello, I am also pretty new to this. And I think support is one of the most important things that we all need!
    Megan