Hi everyone!!!

Options
hi my names kaleigh. I just started with mfp in hopes to get healthy!! I'm only 17 and way too heavy. Hoping to lose quite a bit in the next year or two. Any tips for the newbie???

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm new too, we can keep each other motivated :). I'm starting up the Turbo Jam program soon! I'll send you an add :)
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi kaleigh. Welcome to MFP.:flowerforyou: You will like it here. My tips are, to come here EVERYDAY. Record in your diary EVERYDAY. Try to sit down in the morning, or the night before, and plan out and record(in your diary) all the food you're going to eat for the day. Keep the calories under the MFP recommended daily calories and try to keep your carbs, proteins, fats, etc., at the MFP totals. I guarantee you will lose weight. Watch your sodium. You can add sodium to your diary columns and MFP will keep track. You can eat the right amount of calories, but if your sodium is through the roof you won't lose because of all the water weight. Then there's all the health risks with too much sodium.
    Read through the forums and you will get a lot of tips. If you have questions or if you're just frustrated and want to vent, post in the forums and the members here WILL HELP YOU. Everybody here is great. Also, get some "friends". It's like facebook. Your friends will motivate you everyday, or maybe just say "Hi, thinking about you today." It all helps, it really does. Good luck to you.