Long time user, first time intro

Bexethan
Bexethan Posts: 3 Member
...or at least I think it's my first intro...this is my second account so I'm kind of unsure!

31 year old mom. I'm married but the hubs is out of country most of the year (not military) so I pretty much solo-parent our 5 kids (ages 3 months - 8 yr, all boys). After 10 years of pregnancies, I'm officially shutting down the factory and super stoked to reclaim my body as my own!

I'm not really overweight...basically just losing my baby pudge. I guess roughly 10-12 lbs to lose? Mostly I really want to improve my eating habits though. I AM trying out a nutrition product and it's kinda been awesome for me since my biggest problem is eating regularly. So if you hate on nutrition products, maybe just ignore my existence lol. I don't plan on using it forever, it's just a stepping stone for me. I wasn't raised in a nutrition savvy home. My goal is to learn as I go, and teach my kids on the way! I really want them to grow up where nutrition is just common knowledge to them, not a stressful obstacle to overcome!! I know watching mommy down powder based shake mixes isn't going to do that, but I need to fix one problem at a time. My inability to eat regularly through the day has had me bouncing between inadvertently starving myself for half of the day and binge eating the other half, making all the poor snacking decisions in between.

I love working out though! As hard it is to fit in with 5 kids running circles around me! I've taken up lots of walking (yay! MapMyWalk!) and Jump roping. I have a few dvds I love. I also wanna try out spinning and resistance bands, but haven't gotten to it yet. I would love yoga too if it wasn't for the cysts in my wrists. boo.

I just recently got big on tracking my intake of things like sodium, sugar, and protein. Haven't mastered it yet! I never realized how much junk was in a lot of foods I eat! In the past I've just used MFP to track cals and log exercises.

Also, spouse is a total saboteur! He's like "lets drink endless pots of coffee until 6pm and then deep fry and consume everything in sight. With bacon. and powdered donuts." So, that's another issue I'm dealing with!

So yea! That's me! I'm really interested in finding people that are active, encouraging and supportive!

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Hi mate, sounds like your headed in the right path. Good to see you teaching your kids as well. All the best reaching your goal