HOW many calories in a rib?!?

Options
Sporttster
Sporttster Posts: 433 Member
Been working out like a wild ape the last few weeks, so I'm going to treat myself tonight to some killer Famous Dave's ribs, but can't go overboard. So, got on their site and see that four measly ribs are 600 freaking calories!! There's hardly any meat ON these things! Where do those calories come from??? How is that possible that such a small amount of meat has that many calories?? 150 per rib?!?? There's not a lot of meat on these at all!

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Fat. Delicious pork fat.
    9 calories per gram for fat whereas protein and carbs are 4 per gram. Alcohol, it's own macro is 7 calories per gram.
    Bricktop:
    And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".
    Vinny: Well, thank you for that. That's a great weight off me mind. Now, if you wouldn't mind telling me who the **** you are, apart from someone who feeds people to pigs of course?
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Plus there's a lot of sugar in bbq sauce. I'd believe it.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I know, right? I had a similar reaction when I found out how many calories are in a chicken wing. That info sure put a damper on my eating habits. :huh:

Edit: I imagine that they baste the ribs while they're cooking with stuff that also adds calories, too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I know. I miss ribs so much. I pretty much have to make it a cheat day if I want ribs, just no way to fix those in my daily calories unless I eat lettuce the rest of the day!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't care how many calories ribs or wings have. I eat them rarely so when I do I enjoy.