Gone over fats macros

Options
Hi all! I've gone over my fats for the day however it was healthy fats,salmon. Do you guys make a big deal going over fats if it was healthy?

Replies

• themeaningofthemorning
    themeaningofthemorning Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    MFP's fat recommendations are on the low side anyway. You're definitely fine.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat, so no worries. :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to go over fats. I'm low carb, so I have to supplement the lack of carbs with fats anyhow.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You're fine. I don't make a big deal about going over on anything because food is good for you and important. It's never a good idea to feel guilty about it or make a big deal about it. Most days I try to meet my macros (45%carb 30%fat 25%protein) and some days I don't try as hard. Your body needs fats, carbs and protein. For the majority of the population it's okay to go over on any one of them once in a while. You can't always have an absolutely perfect day, you'll drive yourself crazy trying.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have high cholesterol, too, so I'm supposed to watch fat, cholesterol, and saturated fat, which my nutritionist said should be no more that 25g. I almost always go over, even if I'm eating modest portions of meat. Also, I've been advised to up my protein because I'm trying to reduce body fat and increase muscle, but it's almost impossible to do that and keep my fat levels low. So far, I've been taking two 1200 fish oils twice a day so that my cholesterol won't climb. I already exercise a lot, which has raised my HDL, but it's not impacting the bad stuff, the LDL. I have been advised to become vegetarian by a few people.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    No. Treat your fat and protein goals as minimum and just give some carbs up when you go over those. No biggie.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Fats, like protein, should be treated as a minimum. I aim for at least 0.35g of fat for every pound of body weight. I weigh 144lbs so my personal minimum is about 50g. If I stay under my calories and meet my fat and protein minimums, I consider that day a success.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I go over everyday. It's yummy.

^^this. Fats are my favorite. :)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat. Caloric surplus does. Don't be afraid of fat!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat. Caloric surplus does. Don't be afraid of fat!

No, fat doesn't make you fat, but for some people with certain conditions, fat can be harmful to their health. Carbs don't make you fat either, but someone who is diabetic shouldn't be loading up on them.