New to MFP

Options
So, I signed up with MFP a month or two ago, but haven't really seriously committed myself to doing it....until now. I'm sick of feeling and looking the way I do. There's a skinny chick inside who is dying to come out and play....again....but this time for good. Shortly after I graduated from college I got myself into the best shape of my life at 154 lbs. I was happy, I felt great, I had a lot of self-confidence and self-esteem, and so much energy. Unfortunately some less than stellar relationships got the best of me and I stopped caring about myself and really let myself go. So my goal is to get down to 150. When I was at 154, I was still planning aiming for around 135, so I would like to lose more, but that's my first goal....to get back to where I was. Once I get there, I might add another 10-20 lbs to my goal....

I am currently making a career change so right now I'm working full time in my old career and going to school at night, which leaves me with very little time and energy for exercise. Because of it, I also tend to go for the quick meal fixes that are not healthy, and when I'm stressed I go for the comfort foods. But I'm not letting myself use this as an excuse anymore, I just have to suck it up and make the changes, and stick to it. And when I have a bad day and eat something bad or too much of something, not beat myself up over it and get off track (which is what usually happens).

There's a Nike quote I look at often when I'm going through a challenging time, and I find myself reading it a lot now that I'm starting this process of changing my lifestyle to become healthier and lose weight. So I thought I would share it with you all. :smile:

"Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously. You know when you need a break. You know when you need rest. You know what to get worked up about and what to get rid of. And you know when it's time to take care of yourself, for yourself. To do something that makes you stronger, faster, more complete. Because you know it's never to late to have a life. And it's never to late to change one."

So here's to finally taking myself seriously, and getting rid of old, unhealthy habits. I'm finally starting to take care of myself, for me, changing my life, for me and I will be a stronger, better person because of it. Good luck to all with your weight loss journeys! And if you're looking for new friends, feel free to add me because I currently have none on here! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jackal75
    Options
    Welcome!

This is a very supportive community, so use these forums if you get discouraged. Follow the calorie and nutrition goals on this site, and you will drop the weight!
  • OceanBlue80
    Options
    Thanks! I've been logging on a lot recently and reading all the posts, seeing how supportive everyone is. And that's kind of why I finally got around to fully committing to doing this! I have a good feeling about it this time!