Les Mills Grit Series

Options
Our gym is introducing the Les Mills Grit Series classes next month, and I'm wondering if people think they are worthwhile? With the timetable the way it is, I could do one Strength and one Cardio class a week. I have never seen a class so I'm not sure what it entails, but the premise sounds good! Does anyone do them?

Replies

• Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No one???
  • Deya1286
    Deya1286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did them for a while until the studio put their prices up too high. They're an incredible workout, even the instructors were struggling. They didn't advise you do more than two a week because of the intensity. The first time you make it through without stopping feels amazing. Highly recommended if you've reached a plateau and need that extra push. Give it go!
  • Thunderfan66
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous you have it and I would totally check it out!
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do these, actually did a Plyo class last night. There are 3 - Plyo, Strength and Cardio.

There seems to be a couple of different versions depending on when the instructers did their training. Also, as with all classes such a lot depends on the quality of the instructer.

Overall a great workout and yes, we've also been told not to do any more than 2 or 3 a week because they so intense.

I genuinely feel like I'm collapsing by the end but also the high is incredible once you've finished!!!! I'm still buzzing today.

Get in there!
  • Thunderfan66
    Options
    I did a strength class last night and a cardio class tonight.....they definitely are killer classes! They made me feel really unfit!
  • 2boo2
    2boo2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did it. Not work the extra $$$. You can do most of that workouts on your own. I would rather pay for a coach/ trainer to get one on one treatment.

LM Grit is just HIIT. You can get HIIT workouts on line for free.
  • Thunderfan66
    Options
    It doesn't cost me any extra money to do it, it's included in my gym membership. However PT is not, so for me, it is better value to do the Grit classes. And doing it on my own.....I never push myself as hard as I do when I am in the presence of others!
  • Marpo08
    Marpo08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At my gym, all classes are included in the membership fee, including all Les Mills classes on offer.

Plyo is the only Grit series offered by my local gym, and I've been doing it regularly since October 2013.

Unfortunately, it was just taken off the schedule. One of the instructors is very pregnant, and the other one is moving to another region.

So now, the nearest gym offering any Grit classes is located 70 km from where I live :(
  • floggingjonny
    Options
    Our gym is introducing the Les Mills Grit Series classes next month, and I'm wondering if people think they are worthwhile? With the timetable the way it is, I could do one Strength and one Cardio class a week. I have never seen a class so I'm not sure what it entails, but the premise sounds good! Does anyone do them?

Grit is a fabulous program. I am a Les Mills instructor myself. I am have to say that Grit is probably the best program they have created on a long time. I love Combat, but this is better! It is a lot of plyo in all formats. There is Strength, Plyo and Cardio. They have a lot of plyo moves in all.

It will push you hard. You will sweat, but you will have fun. It's a atmosphere, and I can't recommend giving it a try enough

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I have been to the Grit Strength a few times. It's fun and different. I only get there once every couple of weeks though some the routine changes up a bit too much for me, never know what we'll be doing, but it's a good work out either way. Some things I struggle at, a couple of things I have to modify and it's quite different than the regular lifting I do three days a week.

Try it out, you might like it. At my gym, there is a 70 year old guy that started when I went to my first class and he's still going every week.