I crashed physically!

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
I've been working out and hiking quite a bit for the last 3 weeks. Maybe 4 to 5 times a week. Not light stuff either, well at least for a fat guy.

I went to bed last night at 9 pm. Woke up at 4 a.m. and thought I would start my day. Just holy moly was I tired and sore. I ate breakfast and since it was still dark I went back to bed and slept until 11:40 a.m. It seems I just couldn't get going. I still can't. I can feel the soreness in my shoulders, arms, legs, and back.

So I think maybe I take the day off and just maybe do some light house work.

Replies

• Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. I've felt I've been "overtraining" lately myself. Every once in a while, you just have to take a break :)
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Giving your body rest is very important! Over-training can result in extreme fatigue and injuries. The housework can wait, take a day to veg out and drink plenty of water. You'll be back on the trails before you know it but hopefully more refreshed!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and hiking quite a bit for the last 3 weeks. Maybe 4 to 5 times a week. Not light stuff either, well at least for a fat guy.

I went to bed last night at 9 pm. Woke up at 4 a.m. and thought I would start my day. Just holy moly was I tired and sore. I ate breakfast and since it was still dark I went back to bed and slept until 11:40 a.m. It seems I just couldn't get going. I still can't. I can feel the soreness in my shoulders, arms, legs, and back.

Hey Soze,

One of the most important aspects to living a healthy lifestyle is listening to your body. If you start to feel guilty about not working out, try some light stretching or yoga. It will help break up the lactic acid in your muscles.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Hey Soze,

One of the most important aspects to living a healthy lifestyle is listening to your body. If you start to feel guilty about not working out, try some light stretching or yoga. It will help break up the lactic acid in your muscles.

Hope this helps,
    Stu

Yeah, I was feeling terribly guilty. I'm just not superman these days. Thanks! I will take your advice.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Some of the best "workouts" are rest days.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I remember somebody telling their trainer, after they had a terrible motorbike accident which meant they would be off exercise for months, "what about my training, what will I do???"

The answer was "This IS part of your training!"

You see, training isn't just about physical exercise, it is also about mental toughness, resilience and every other damn obstacle that decides to stick itself in the way of our paths.

A rest is as good as a training day on some occasions and in this particular case of the OP, this is one such time. :flowerforyou:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Grab the remote and park it on the couch for a day! A big part of being healthy is getting PROPER rest. Even the Energizer Bunny runs out of juice eventually.