Work Out Injury

I was at the gym today and managed to "blow out my back" quite literally today. I got there a few minutes early was helping to set up with the trainer and was moving the tractor tire with the instructor. I felt my back "pop" and after an agonizing drive home without a workout I am out of commission.

I went the emergency room-I have a ligament tear. No workouts for a week (at least). I need to eat to take pain medications as everything makes me nauseous. I am worried I am gonna lose all my gains....

ADVICE-this is a first for me
Thanks-

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    :huh:

I would so not be worried about gains right now. You'll really lose your gains if you don't let yourself heal and end up needing surgery.
  • Dozer91
    Dozer91 Posts: 40 Member
    I work out hard. I box, swim, play hockey and I've had so many injuries, (back, knee, shoulder, ect) that I have exercises I do when I am recovering. I actually took swimming lessons this winter because I blew out my knee and now swim 1-2 days a week. I need the non-impact. I have also done yoga when in a recovery pattern. Whatever you choose to do, do not go in at 110% when your body isn't ready to do so yet. Find moderation. You can tackle your innerbeast in body friendly ways.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Back injuries are the ultimate no-joke injury. Heal before you worry about "gains" because your risk of "loss" is significant if you aren't careful.