30lb Target; Friends needed for a clean eater!

Options
JenTekywa
JenTekywa Posts: 11 Member
I've always been good on the exercise front and have even completed Insanity. However, I always struggle with food. Currently trying to stay off sugar and having some success with that (last 4 weeks have been great) and I am also eating as clean as possible (no processed foods) but it's a struggle as I don't eat meat or poultry and I find I am eating too much of certain foods (almond butter).

Would really like...no NEED some friends with similar goals to build a support system to motivate and inspire each other, share recipe ideas and other helpful tips.

Replies

• breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    I'm also eating "clean" with a few exceptions. I just started yesterday. Feel free to add me if you want :smile:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning the Daniel Fast this weekend and will attempt to eat clean and healthy for at least 40 days. I need friends who are also trying to achieve the same goals (eating healthier) to motivate each other. We can do this!!
  • archuvs
    archuvs Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a similar goal as well - getting rid of all processed food in the house, less carbs in my diet, more fruits and veggies, making better choices and most of all - exercise every single day ( goal of at least 5 days a week with more outdoorsy activities on weekends). We have a cruise in 10 weeks from today so i am trying to lose at least 15-20 pounds till then - this is my short term goal. I did the GM Diet a couple of weeks back- lasted only till Day 5 but lost (and have kept it off) 5.5 pounds in that week. That diet helped get rid of my carb cravings quite well and the cravings haven't come back as long as i keep eating clean!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat "clean." I aim to keep added sugars to a minimum.
    Also, my immediate goal is to lose 15 more pounds, but once I get to 160 I'll re-assess. I think I will probably want to go down to 150.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm trying my best to eat clean as well. One, for the weight loss aspect. Two, a few documentaries of really made me think about how unhealthy and the amount of chemicals you put in your body when you eat processed food.
  • JenTekywa
    JenTekywa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The last couple of weeks have been quite difficult staying focused. I have found that meal prepping is the key to staying off processed foods and sugar. Plus also, there have been 3 birthdays that have meant I have indulged in a slice of cake (or three, lol) although I have been careful to not over-indulge. Also, the busy schedule means I have had little time to shop and cook so have mostly relied on eating lunches from outside...in so doing I've sourced eateries that detail their ingredients which are failry clean - but it can get expensive.

How is everyone else getting on so far?
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 30 lbs as well!