If 1lb fat=3500 calories, watShouldIDoToLose2lbs a wk?

Options
So I just found out the 1 pound of fat equals 3500 calories! Holy jeeeez thats crazy! it made me think weight loss is gonna be so hard after I found that out!

So what should I do to lose 2 pounds per week if one pound of fat equals to 3500 calories? I need a plan!

And if thats too intense, how about 1 pound per week? Thank you!

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    What did MFP recommend when you joined up and put your data in?
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is 7000 calories.
    7 days in a week.
    1000 calories cut or burned or some combination of the two each day for 7 days adds up to 7000.
  • Deannas69
    Deannas69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I burned over 2000 calories last week and kept under my calorie goal about 300 a day and still gained a pound. I am almost to the breaking point of giving up and I still have 15 pounds to lose.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Create a deficit by combining less calories in and more calories burned by way of exercise . It is easy to eat a lot more than your daily allowance
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't want to be like a bad person stomping on people's ambitions, but you might want to be careful with how you lose your weight. If you're not very active, creating a large calorie deficit like that might be dangerous, and on top of that, might not work if you try to starve yourself. 2 pounds a week is probably the upper limit of what you should push for without damaging your body.