Not losing weight

Options
Hi everyone.

I need some help please, I am eating as healthy as I can, I am an expat who has been living in a hotel for the last seven months, exercising 4 days a week one and a half to two hours each training session, I am sticking with my calorie intake and I am not loosing weight.
Even though I cannot cook my own meals I try to eat as healthy as I can. My exercises envolve weight lifting, cardio and functional training. I drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day. Sleep at least 7-8 hours daily.
Can anyone give me any ideas or thoughts why I am not being able to loose weight.
Thank you all for your time
My best regards
Jaime

Replies

• asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, "eating healthily", but "not preparing my own meals" means that in practice it's very unlikely that you are "sticking with your calorie intake"

unless there are underlying medical conditions then weight loss is about calorie deficits and if over several months (usually at least 6 weeks), you are not loosing then it means that you are not really at a deficit

the problems with eating in a hotel inherently, are that they will probably cook with more salt, oil, and butter than you would do if you were cooking for yourself while sauces and soups are also likely to contain flour or potatoes,

however, according to you profile you only joined this month (in may) and you have already lost 1kg, this is good progress, as you are only targetting a 6kg loss, you should be aiming for somewhere between 0.25kg and 0.5 kg per week of weight loss

my suggestion is to stick with it for at least 6 weeks, then re-evaluate