Does the Wii Fit works?

Options
Hi all,
I see lots of people are using the Wii Fit to kill some calories. It's sound like fun and nice workout at the same time. Does anyone currently using it? Does it work? How good is’ it?
I go to the Gym but it will be nice to find something Fun to add to the Mix,
Do you see any result using the Wii Fit?

Thank you in advance for your insight. En enjoy the rest of your healthy weekend.

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It works for me because as a mom of three the gym is not always possible. I can get on their and burn some calories. It is fun and there is lots of activities but I think only a few of them get your heart rate enough to be consider exercise.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I use other Wii get fit games like your Shape, i like it as u dont need your control while your doing the exercises. It also counts the cals as well
  • k8ieP
    k8ieP Posts: 54
    Options
    I would say it does work as a way to burn some calories and learn some yoga or strength exercises. Sometimes I just can't make it to the gym so I use wii fit. Also if I eat too much and the wii fit is there for me to burn calories at night.
    I think if you only use the wii fit you may not see many changes but I find it is a great addition to a good workout schedule and healthy diet.
    I really love the hula hooping !
  • emay45
    emay45 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you go with wii fit I also suggest EA Active. It can be used both with and without the wii fit board.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Another point about the wii is that you make individual profiles for whoever uses it. So this created some competition in otherwise pretty much couch potato people in my house. That's the first thing that got my husband off the chair. He's trying to beat out my positions in the games and wii fit plus.

I agree, a lot of it's light exercise, but you can get sweaty and heart rate up on some of the things. Mainly it's motivational and can be friendly competition fun in the house. It tracks things, and has a sense of humor in the comments it sometimes comes up with. It tried to play an april fools joke on me.

You can see your little avatar getting skinny, as you go, too. It does your BMI as well as tracks your weight.

People with kids use them more, I think. Because then you have that excuse to buy one. The games for the family.
  • resptech97
    Options
    I dont have the Wii fit but I do have a Wii. I looked up the calories burned on here to some of the games we have. The boxing burned the most. SO I started it up and by the time I was done playing I was sweating!!!...LOL Fun and burned calories too.
  • havfaith
    Options
    I use the wii fit plus everday since i started on a weight loss program, it works for me.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I like the wii fit plus for the days I don't have much time. I don't have to get dressed or cleaned up for the gym. I can get a good work out from the island cycle and then I do a few balance exercises. I haven't got into the yoga end of things but it also keeps track of my weight. I use it on days I don't have time for the treadmill. Keeps things interesting.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    If you have Netflix you can watch some workout videos instantaneously through Watch Now. It's a great way to change up your routine and work out from home.
  • ChattyKatie
    Options
    Is the wii fit plus more user friendly for heavier people?.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus! The boxing is one of my favorite workouts and always makes me work up a sweat. I try to walk for an hour and a half every other day....so on the off days I work out to the Wii Fit Plus. Its so much fun!

If you decide to get one keep the box and all contents. That way if you don't like it or don't use it, you can sell it on Ebay. They go like hotcakes on there! I tried watching Ebay to get one cheap but never found one because people were willing to pay near selling price for them even if they were used. So that's an idea if you get one and it doesn't work out.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Is the wii fit plus more user friendly for heavier people?.

Katie, I started this journey at 305 lbs and I can tell you that the Wii Fit Plus has been a great workout for me. I'm currently 287 lbs and still using that Wii Fit Plus....I don't plan to give it up anytime soon! Although I'll probably add different workouts to my routine in time. :)
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit! I haven't used it in awhile, but it definitely got me started on my way to where I am now. It helped a lot with my balance. The yoga and cardio games are good. I want the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    We just got one yesterday. Last night both of us went to bed 2 hours later than usual, and both of us were tired! We were just putzing around with the sports resort game that came with the console. Haven't tried the Wii Fit Plus yet. I think we burned more calories laughing than anything! We had fun though.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely a good addition to a exercise regime.

I don't have fit plus, just the regular wii fit and still love it! Setting Rhythm Boxing on expert and actually trying my best has me dripping with sweat! As does the free step (10, 20, or 30 min; I set it at 30 and change the channel while the wii-mote keeps track of the rhythm, tells me when I am close to finished and tells you each time you reach 100 more steps.) I dont just step on and off, I step on forward and backward, side ways, forward to each side. I do kicks, and knee lifts as well, step wider sometimes as well. My legs are always sore after using it.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    THank you all for all the information.
    Babie, good ideal. I'm actually an Ebay seller myself.