So much temptation

Options
So I am trying to do this while I am in a oil camp down in North Dakota. Its hard enough being at home were you can at least control what food is in the house. Here i have an unlimited supply of soft ice cream (with tons of toppings), numerous flavours of chips and enough baking to make you sick. I am having a hard time staying away from all this. Even though I am runnig everyday I still can't get the food all the way under control. Any suggestions?:sad:

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    You have to act like the ice cream and baked goods don't exist or limit yourself to hitting the soft serve on Friday nights or something. Also, if I exercise before a meal, I find that it greatly curbs my appetite.
  • RungosGirl
    Options
    If you feel a craving coming on drink lots and lots of water. The water will fill up your tummy and it will occupy your mind from your temptations.
  • mimere
    mimere Posts: 19
    Options
    First, I think it's really important not to deny yourself of those foods completely. "Moderation" is key, of course, and I've had a lot of success eating smaller portions of food and turning a lot of my favorite goodies into sometimes-food. If you are constantly telling yourself you can't have something the more appealing it's going to seem, at least it does for me. I'm a child at heart I guess. ;)

If you're tempted to eat something you know could have a negative impact on your weight loss, force yourself to drink a large glass of water first. Once you've finished that, if you STILL want the food, go ahead. I do this a lot late at night when I get cravings before bed... fill up my water bottle, finish it, and by the time I'm done I'm tired and the craving has passed and I crash.

Good luck!!!!
  • Chocoholic72
    Chocoholic72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi courtney
    I am a recovering chocoholic...I have been using mfp for about two weeks and I have a very
    difficult time not eating a pound of chocolate in a day with no real food during the day...
    I've decided to just have some candy every 4 to 5 days which I allow for in my calories.
    The rest of the time I eat a sweet healthy snack such as graham crackers or smooothies..

Good luck to you....